Author Topic: mango help  (Read 1626 times)

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
mango help
« on: December 14, 2019, 05:39:07 PM »

Some of my mangos are showing this curling leaf? Some of my established mangos are not?
I was thinking it was a mite issue after reading some previous posts but I sprayed some good
poison and it didn't help. I thought it might be Mango scab and they need some copper spray
but a friend came by today and thought it was a nutritional issue? I used various fertilizer and
included a slow release synthetic fertilizer from Diamond R with micros last year.  Help?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 05:44:42 PM by achetadomestica »

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: mango help
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 11:36:59 AM »
Looks dramatic, alright!  I don't know this one.  There does also seems to be a deficiency.  Could you post a close-up of a leaf or two, clearly showing some veins and interveinal tissue?  And another picture of the whole plant and soil around it?  Please post in the mango problems thread.
Har

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »
Zinc? herbicide?

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »
I reposted on Mango pest. diseases nutritional problems with close up of leaf

shot

• usa fl bokeelia 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 09:40:42 AM »
Zinc

Hana321

• la quinta, ca, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 12:44:35 AM »
So, I thought I would put my own Mango issue out there to the experts. I recently purchased a small batch of new mango trees from Florida. I ordered them from a nursery before without any incident. This most recent batch included Alampur Baneshan, Honey Kiss, and an Imam Pasand. I planted them about 2 days after they arrived here, and the Honey Kiss and the Alampur Baneshan are doing great. The Imam Pasand crashed and burned. I asked the nursery and they said that the tree should be fine, but I am not so sure. They say stress, but this is the first time I’ve seen a mango do this when shipped.

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 07:05:39 AM »
Looks like stress damage. Who knows where and how long the box had been getting sunlight or heat and essentially baking in the box for. I'd be weary of planting shipped plants in the field as soon as they arrive. Shelter them from direct sun light, winds (especially cold) for about 4 weeks- and don't even think about planting if your current season has the potential chill or freeze. As long as the bark above the graft is green when scraped it should recover when temps are warmer with new growth in about 20 days.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

Hana321

• la quinta, ca, 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 12:56:57 PM »
That is basically the advice of the nursery. I messaged them after it was obvious the tree was in decline. It is already planted, so I didn’t want to risk uprooting it again. Fortunately, this area doesn’t frost and the weather has been very mild right now. The growing season is long here and my other Mango trees are probably going to wake up and start flowering in a few weeks. That tree is as sheltered right now as it gets. I will watch it and hope for the best.

saltyreefer

• Palm Bay, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:12 PM »
I agree, let it be and wait. I honestly cant kill a mango in my yard or
my previous property. Yes they get a little something here and there
but they've always recovered. If it doesn't recover in warmer weather
I'd be tossing and planting a new specimen. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk