Author Topic: Growing Guava indoors  (Read 507 times)

Eclipse000

• Racine, WI
    • View Profile
Growing Guava indoors
« on: July 10, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »
Hi all,

I've started out on my journey of growing tropical fruits indoors! Right now I'm growing a Mexican Guava (the yellow variety) and have ordered a second, a Ruby Supreme variety. I had a pink guava just prior that I bought at a local shop but that one died quickly and I think it may have been sick already when I bought it. It didn't last more than a week or so.

The yellow Mexican Guava I have right now has stuck around a bit longer and I have it right next to a west facing window that gets a reasonable amount of light. While it seems to be doing fairly well overall, I've noticed a few leaves turn black and then curl before they fall off. Here are some pictures:

Does anyone know what the cause of this is generally? I've repotted it in a terra cotta about 2 inches bigger (it came in a 6 inch pot). I also water it regularly when it seems to need it - i put a finger in the soil and feel for dryness about an inch down. I don't believe its over or underwatering but I'm new to this. And I've fertilized it once with a balanced 6-6-6 liquid formula mixed in water with the ratio of 10ml to 1 gallon. Any thoughts? Do leaves die like this if the leaves don't receive enough light? I notice that the leaves that are falling off are further from the window on the back side of the plant. Should I rotate the plant?

Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Guava indoors
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
From your pic it doesnt look like it is a problem with overwatering, fertiliser burn or a general environment problem, since the dieback is only on one branch. I would guess some kind of injury to this branch ,made the tree reject it .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk