Citrus > Citrus Buy, Sell, & Trade

Looking to buy Citrus Sudachi and Citrus Yuko (EU-based)

(1/5) > >>

deRoode:
I have recently acquired some great Poncirus Trifoliate plants that I want to use as rootstock to practise some grafting. I am looking for some budwood, since my own plants are not yet of size. I mainly collect Japanese citrus varieties but I open for anything.

Some species that I already have:
- Kabosu
- Yuzu
- Citrus obovoidea
- Citrus flaviculpus
- Citrus kejari

Some species that I am mainly looking for (but once again, open for anything)
- Yuzu (mine are seedlings)
- Sudachi
- Yuko

deRoode:
Anyone any idea where to find Citrus Sudachi in Europe? I know theWasabicompany cells Sudachi trees but It will be difficult and expensive to get them here. I will be able to find fruit by the end of the year, but perhaps somebody has some material.

lebmung:
Yuko it's hard to find. Only in japan. Import permits to bring into EU would be a couple of thousand of euro.

Radoslav:
Japan cultivars is pretty hard to find in EU. For two reasons,
first, import citrus trees is banned from outside EU,
second, citruses in Japan are known as  CTV transporters often. And nurseries, which are capable to clean budwood are not interested in such cultivars.
This is reason why enthusiasts start some japan citrus from seeds.
So, if you find some fruiting japan citrus cultivar like sudachi, or yuko in EU, they are most likely illegally imported and affected by CTV.
There is a test kit for sale for CTV in EU, but it costs cca. 80€ with shipping.
But as far as I know sudachi and yuko are not worth to grow for fruit, only as curiosity.

deRoode:
I did find a Citrus Yuko plant (it being shipped right now), but I don't know anything about the authenticity of the plant (might want to check it at some point). Last year there were a couple of companies that import Japanese Citrus from Japan. I was able to find Yuzu this way and Sudachi was unfortunately out of stock. I might be able to find these again this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version