Author Topic: Hydrogen Peroxide  (Read 12225 times)

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: Hydrogen Peroxide
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »
If it doesn't work on the plants you can always put it in your hair.

Chas

• Hungary, Zala, 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 09:34:32 AM »
I'm collecting rain water to irrigate my plants in a big tank and sometimes the water become green/brownish due to algae & dust from house roof:

Next day after treating the water with H2O2 become crystal clear:

One thing is for sure, H2O2 is cleaning your water from unwanted stuff!  ;D

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 04:55:13 PM »
I have nothing to say about H2O2.  I will say this, when a container citrus tree is planted in the proper potting medium, it has plenty, PLENTY, of oxygen for the roots. Even more than the tree actually requires. - Millet

Yep.

FWIW, I use a slow release Polyon 18-4-9 with micros, 12 mo., and they are very healthy and dark green.

If you want a complete (16 elements) high quality all-in-solution I recommend Dyna-Gro's Foliage Pro - 9-3-6 or their grow.

Me?  I have probably 20 different foods in my toolbox, some "organic" and some pure chemical.  Some 1 pounders, some 25 pounders.  As mentioned, plant doesn't care as long as it's getting it's elements in a salt form it can uptake and process.   A tissue analysis removes all doubt of what's missing.

Mark

Mark in Texas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »
I collect and pump rainwater out of a very large Norwesco tank, black.  No algae.

Here's a helluva deal for example - http://www.plastic-mart.com/product/2724/2500-gallon-plastic-water-storage-tank-42040?mn=pm005z&gclid=CLTtirPn2b8CFZSEfgodizQADw

robbyhernz

• Tubac, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
Mark,

How long will one of these storage tanks last you in the TX sun? I live in AZ, in a similar zone as you and was wondering if the AZ heat would dehydrate the storage tank rapidly.

Thanks,

Robert

Mark in Texas

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »
Mark,

How long will one of these storage tanks last you in the TX sun? I live in AZ, in a similar zone as you and was wondering if the AZ heat would dehydrate the storage tank rapidly.

Thanks,

Robert

If the question is material rot, I don't think you need to worry about it.  We get over 100F most summers.   My area is big on rain water harvesting.  It's the "in" thing.  If it makes you feel better, paint the container with white flexible roofing paint to cut down on the heat.  Believe it's an epoxy paint.  Friend did that with his tank that's used for household needs.

laidbackdood

• Perth.Western Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
I have tried the hydrogen peroxide on two of my trees with a small amount of rooting powder........I know one of them had mushy roots before i transplanted....i have taken pics today.....they both look half gone but they are still green and they are in a good mix.......I will report back in a month or so with any news.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk