Author Topic: Some SoCal pictures of Aframomum sp. seedling and Moringa seedling progress  (Read 1321 times)

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
I thought it would be nice to track the seedling development of Aframomum sp. and Moringa in SoCal.

Here is the Aframomum sp. seedling it was up potting in late spring from a 1 gal into a 10 gal fabric container in +90% coco coir mix. The seedling is about 1 year old now. It was about 1 ft tall in late spring, now over 4ft tall. Very fast grower, I am really impressed how well its doing since it gets about 6 hours of good sunlight a day.

Now the Moringa  seedlings, this is at a friends house. 3 seedlings from a batch of seeds I gave them all planted around the same time (early May).

First one in a mostly sunny spot, not really impressed with growth about 1f 1/2 or 2ft tall.

Second one in a full sunny spot, flowering now but only about 3 ft tall.

Third one, I am standing next to. Its over 8ft tall, I believe! This one gots some freak genetics because its in partly shaded area. Getting maybe about 5hrs of good sunlight. The stem is much thicker then the rest, and nothing special has been done from this one and the other Moringa plants (besides extra water and a nice recent harvest of Moringa leaves, I have been told).

Going to see if I can get some cuttings of that plant  :o.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:50:42 PM by nullzero »
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
oh hell ya, u got the old school shirt...that thing is worth $100 now bro...vintage...
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk