Author Topic: Upcoming movie 'The Fruit Hunters'  (Read 10143 times)

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming movie 'The Fruit Hunters'
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »
How about "Feel-Around" a new movie experience:
Feel-Around
Where is that from?  It looks like footage from the 1970's.  Is it a bit from a movie or a TV show?  It seems ironic that the picture quality on that footage (decades old) is rather nice, but if you look at youtube "Get a Life" episodes (early 90's) their quality is so poor.

It's pretty funny.  I'd definitely prefer FLAVOR-VISON on the fruit hunters though.  A falling durian would be painful in Feel-Around

LOL, its from a Movie called " Kentucky fried movie" its all parody.   to watch it now is kind of "dated" because many of the skits are parodies of TV commercials and shows of the time.  This was made by the same folks that made the movie "Airplane" "Top Secret" & "Naked Gun.  One other clip you should look up, is  "Fist full of yen" a parody on "Enter the dragon".

As for Youtube quality, it really depends on the uploader and original content, if someone is converting old VHS, quality is rather poor.  but if its a DVD rip, they could look just as good as anything made today.

Speaking of smell-o-vision i think they did that at one time, or tried to.

I look forward to watching the Fruit  hunters when it comes out, it should bring attention to all the "exotic" fruits available, people that have never seen a Rambutan, or even know what a Sapodilla is may want to go out and try them.  I expect new members to the forum after the documentary is released.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

tabbydan

• Washington DC area
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Kentucky Fried Movie!  I should know it then since I actually saw that film (albeit when I was a teenager).  I guess I forgot because the sketches in that movie were all over the map (some of the sketches were hillarious, some quite lame, overall I didn't really like the film).  This is actually one of the best sketches.

Yeah the youtube for Get A Life seems to be from VHS.... very poor picture quality.
What's that got to do with Jose Andres $10 brussel sprouts?

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
William, don't expect masses to come flooding to the forum after release of this movie. It's not going to get wide exposure. For example, the other acclaimed move by the same director was Up the Yen River. How many people have seen that or heard of that?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:41:51 PM by fruitlovers »
Oscar

Future

• The Future
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
Will look for this on DVD.  Thanks for posting.

tabbydan

• Washington DC area
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »
William, don't expect masses to come flooding to the forum after release of this movie. It's not going to get wide exposure. For example, the other acclaimed move by the same director was up the Yen River. How many people have seen that or heard of that?

Masses... well its not going to make this a big community.  But at the same time even an oddball niche film would generate a large ripple in a such tiny community like this.

If fruit were a popular interest (and I never understand why it isn't, but then I also wonder why there aren't cat temples for that matter) one wouldn't notice the effect of some minor film- but fruit is not a popular interest.
What's that got to do with Jose Andres $10 brussel sprouts?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk