Author Topic: List of citrus budwood to be grafted with limited rootstock selection.  (Read 2020 times)

EcuadorFruit

• esmeraldes, ecuador
    • View Profile
Hello fruit friends,
  Here's the list of my aquired budwood and I'd like some experienced souls to give me there opinions on rootstock choices.
~ Valentine Pummelo
~ Sarawak Pummelo
~ Nordmann Seedless Nagami
~ Smith Red Blood Orange
~ Encore Mandarin
~ Seedless Kishu Mandarin
~ Variegated Pink Eureka Lemon
~ Australian Finger Lime(red pulp)

Now the delima is some of most of these I'll be grafting in Ecuador(please dont go off subject on that, thanks) and im yet to know exactly what rootstock type I'll have at my disposal. That being said Ive seen/bought lots of Toronja grafted down there as well as lemon mayer, a few tangelo varieties , manderines, and washingtons. I'm not sure what they were using but they have been very successful. But what I'm hoping is that many of experienced citrus grafters can look at these to lists and give me there pointers. I.e. "if they grafted Toronja than you ca graft your two Pummelo varieties on same and most likely succeed." Or "I'v been successful with Eurika Lemon on sour orange budwood." Stuff like this. Maybe even their top couple rootstocks for each variety. Ive been told that the pummelo and orange varieties are no prob but the Eurika lemon and finger lime are concerns! On my prop I have a lot of mandarines and sour orange

Well there ya go. It's a long shot i'll have a lot of success with this question ...just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks my grafting peeps!

ECfruit!

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: List of citrus budwood to be grafted with limited rootstock selection.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »
As far as just making a successful graft, you can graft to most anything.  To determine which root stock would be best to use it all depends on your soil type. The type of soil, pH, water content, salinity. drainage, nematodes, clay. drought, and the various citrus diseases in your area are what determines the best root stock to use. - Millet .
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:38:14 PM by Millet »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk