Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Pomegranate Seedlings Suddenly Wilting

(1/3) > >>

AgentQ:
Please help me dudes I'm very concerned and am unsure what to do.
I have these two month old pomegranate seedlings that have been doing pretty well up to this point. Three days ago the one pictured on the right began to shrivel up, but it appears the other two are also showing signs of wilting.

How can i save them? I sprinkle water on them daily every morning and have them under a grow light. I was told they don't really mind the temperature too much (I keep them inside my room).

AgentQ:
It's too late, they're all dead.
Just like my ambitions and future.

sildanani:
Aww man. Lack of humidity? Too close to the light? Could be a lot of factors. Seeds would take a long time too grow a fruiting plant. I've got a pomegranate seedling that I started 5 years ago that hasn't flowered yet. (Possibly from a lack of chill hours.) :P Maybe you could grow them from cuttings. They are pretty easy to find on eBay or maybe even a forum member. You can get fruits in less than 1/2 the time it'd take growing from seeds! If mine doesn't fruit soon, I just might invest in some cuttings.

coyote:
Hard to tell, but if you were truly just sprinkling water on them they could have suffered from lack of water. Most potted plants do well with a thorough soaking and then a period of no watering to let the soil dry out before starting the cycle over again. This allows all of the soil to get moisture and not just the top of the pot.  Hope this helps and don't give up...even experienced growers kill a few plants now and then when trying to grow something new.

AgentQ:
What is the best method for "deep watering" plants like these? I was afraid of destroying the small root system.

Also what would you guys recommend reading to increase my overall plant knowledge?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version