Author Topic: California Citrus Tarping Regulation To Start April 3rd  (Read 1162 times)

Cyan

• Valley Center 9b
    • View Profile
Re: California Citrus Tarping Regulation To Start April 3rd
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:36:57 PM »
Found more details about the intent and other info like spraying in particular areas and organic options here: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/citruscommittee/docs/minutes/2016/CPDPC-Minutes-11-9-2016-final.pdf

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »
Cyan, thanks for the additional information on what is being done to prevent the spread of HLB in California.  I read the entire report and was gratified on the extent of work being done.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:13:41 PM by Millet »

Cyan

• Valley Center 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:42 PM »
Its sometimes only by reading these committee reports that you know there is anything going on.  I was concerned by your post because we grow and sell citrus here, and transport it ourselves.  I have not seen anything even at the local Farm Bureau about this, so I missed it.  I am glad that the California department of Food and Ag are taking it seriously because I've seen horror stories about what's happening in Florida. ( For small farmers.) Thanks for your post, I need to keep up with the Ag dept posts so I can be aware.  I also need to be up to date as an organic farmer on what they are spraying, because if they don't have an organic option they can ruin my careful efforts to be operating organically.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk