Author Topic: Russell Sweet Garcinia  (Read 3147 times)

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
Russell Sweet Garcinia
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
Any one selling Russell's Sweet Garcinia Seeds?

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
Re: Russell Sweet Garcinia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:38:44 AM »
Id suggest your only chance (its slim) is mikeT. He doesn't sell but may trade if you have something good. I think there are others with seedlings but it will be a while before they have seeds.

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 10:06:22 AM »
Thank you druss.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »
I am struggling to get seeds this season.I know the original trees were loaded with fruit last week but getting them is a drama.My 3 white whales D.macrantha,giant Fiji longan and the russells sweet garcinia seem to be more elusive than ever.

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:19:13 PM »
I am struggling to get seeds this season.I know the original trees were loaded with fruit last week but getting them is a drama.My 3 white whales D.macrantha,giant Fiji longan and the russells sweet garcinia seem to be more elusive than ever.

Hehehe, you'll get them sooner or later!.! 😁
El verde es vida!

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:23:05 PM »
Did I send any to you Raul? I don't know if I had them at the right time.I will get them alright and have feelers out right now.

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »
I don't know if I had them at the right time.I will get them alright and have feelers out right now.
Hi Mike, put me in for some of those as well.
Thanks,
Dada

SHV

• Escondido, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 08:51:14 PM »
Anyone have examples of this Garcinia doing well in SoCA or similar climate?  Legend has it that some have successfully grown dulces here and there is some similarity between the two, maybe?
I procured 5 seeds from Mick Mick last year and 4 finally germinated after nearly 6 months on incubation.  I can keep them in a greenhouse but would love to put them in a protected area outside several years down the road. 
Considering this is experimental, I might trade a couple away to a local to see how they do under experienced care. 

socalbalcony2

• OC, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 10:22:17 PM »
meant to quote

socalbalcony2

• OC, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 10:22:47 PM »
Anyone have examples of this Garcinia doing well in SoCA or similar climate?  Legend has it that some have successfully grown dulces here and there is some similarity between the two, maybe?
I procured 5 seeds from Mick Mick last year and 4 finally germinated after nearly 6 months on incubation.  I can keep them in a greenhouse but would love to put them in a protected area outside several years down the road. 
Considering this is experimental, I might trade a couple away to a local to see how they do under experienced care. 

I have ate fruit from garcinia (I believe one or both was dulces) in orange county from two different sources, one of them being the fullerton arboretum, for the backyard grower one though the owner said last year was the first time he got to taste the fruit (took 20 years), so maybe better to try some grafted garcinias instead lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk