Author Topic: Wanted : Langsat and Pulasan Tree  (Read 1242 times)

nuluxelex

• Milpitas
    • View Profile
Wanted : Langsat and Pulasan Tree
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:21:58 AM »
Hi I'm looking for a Langsat and Pulasan tree, they will be kept indoors by our sun room with lots of humidity.
Please if you have one private message me thanks! Alex

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted : Langsat and Pulasan Tree
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »
I totally understand your desire to grow these amazing, beautiful, deliciously fruiting trees.
If your in Milpitas ,CA than even with the aid of a 20k greenhouse and a professional grower of Langsat and Pulasan your going to need 10 + years and lots of luck. An ambitious undertaking to be sure but nothing is impossible.

keiren

• Cairns zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:45 AM »
I have been looking for pulasan for a long time as well, I don't think anyone in Cairns has it

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:31 AM »
Pulasan varieties: Dow, Lee, P1, P3, P36, Sibabat and Unnamed were brought to Cairns from 1970 to about 1985 by DPI but they were here already of course and Limberlost used to sell sibabats that were not as good as those that still grow on the marshall farm at Kuranda which are a larger sibabat.I grew quite a few blacks and sibabats from Malaysian seeds 3 to 4 years ago and spread seeds/seedlings around locall as well as some of the marshalls ones overseas that were seeds.There are plenty of pulasans in Cairns. Some of the Malaysian sourced seedling I passed on to the salleras farm at mission are already fruiting.They take 3 to 5 years to pen their fruiting account for healthy seedlings in this climate.
By contrast langsat are ass draggers from seed with 15 years bot being unusual. Duku-langsat and longkong are better and when mine fruited at the same time I thought the former was better. These 2 would be better to grow than langsat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk