Author Topic: What Hardiness Zone am I?  (Read 760 times)

AnnonaMangoLord45

• LeafyMango
  • I love Mangoes
    • SoCal zone 10b
    • View Profile
What Hardiness Zone am I?
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »
Hello, I've been wondering about my hardiness zone, as there are some weird stuff that grows outside just fine in my microclimate. As My neighbor has Lobster claw Heliconias that don't freeze in the winter(NORTH FACING), also Monstera deliciosas and Kentia palms grow fine without protection. Lime trees also do well without protection, so do tomatos. Jackfruits and soursops do well too, didn't have to protect mine much during cold winter this year. Also I noticed that while my friends at school said they had icicles on their roofs last year, my neighbors said that there weren't any, nor did I see any. I am 263 feet above sea level. Cavendish bananas also fruit consistently as I've seen. It's been bizzare to say the least. I've been trying to pull of Langsats and Durians recently, as I love those fruits, wonder how far I can get with them? What type of Climate am I? I get Ocean Winds in the Afternoon to counteract santa anas, and the humidity is an avg of 50 percent I'd say. The USDA Zone says I'm 10b, and my sunset zone is 23. I've been debating that it might be zone 11a with the microclimate fluctuation here. If I'm zone 11a or 11b, do you guys think I should try langsats or Durians under some large trees to create an even more humid atmosphere? Thanks, Matt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk