Author Topic: SourSop leaves got problem  (Read 1540 times)

Si Duong

• Hayward, Northern California
    • View Profile
SourSop leaves got problem
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:35:13 AM »
I have a SourSop growing in the green house and most of the leaves specially the young leaves have lot of brown dots on them.  Anyone out there can help.  Thanks

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
Re: SourSop leaves got problem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:33:19 AM »
It's hard to tell without a photo ref. There is more than one disease that can cause brown spots.
Here's a link that may be helpful for identification. I've had similar issues with my A. reticulata, but it usually goes away over time. Much of it it caused by high humidity.
http://vikaspedia.in/agriculture/crop-production/integrated-pest-managment/ipm-for-fruit-crops/ipm-strategies-for-custard-apple/custard-apple-diseases-and-symptoms
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:40:20 AM by sildanani »
Anisha

Si Duong

• Hayward, Northern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:04:00 AM »
It's hard to tell without a photo ref. There is more than one disease that can cause brown spots.
Here's a link that may be helpful for identification. I've had similar issues with my A. reticulata, but it usually goes away over time. Much of it it caused by high humidity.
http://vikaspedia.in/agriculture/crop-production/integrated-pest-managment/ipm-for-fruit-crops/ipm-strategies-for-custard-apple/custard-apple-diseases-and-symptoms
Thanks for the link.  The brown spot on the leaves are very tiny dots all over the young leaves only and not as big as in the picture from your link.

I also think the same as you about the humidity level is too high because it's hard to control the humidity in the green house. I am thinking about moving the plant close to the entrance to get more air circulation. 

Do you think the soursop can handle California dry heat?

HoangNguyen

• US, California, San Jose, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
Thanks for the link.  The brown spot on the leaves are very tiny dots all over the young leaves only and not as big as in the picture from your link.

I also think the same as you about the humidity level is too high because it's hard to control the humidity in the green house. I am thinking about moving the plant close to the entrance to get more air circulation. 

Soursop is doing well in low humidity area.  Unlike sugar apple, it doesn't like low humidity.  Soursop thrives in dry heat (less than 105F) environment.  In bay area, it grows well from May to November.

FruitFreak

• USA, FL, Naples, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »

Soursop is doing well in low humidity area.  Unlike sugar apple, it doesn't like low humidity.  Soursop thrives in dry heat (less than 105F) environment.  In bay area, it grows well from May to November.

My sops have been growing very well in flooded and extremely humid conditions.
- Marley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk