Author Topic: Cleaned Up Cara Cara  (Read 2662 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Cleaned Up Cara Cara
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
Today I cleaned up a 11-ft X 11-ft, in ground Cara Cara navel.  First, I cut out all the small dead twigs. Second, removed all branches that were occupying the same aerial space as another branch.  Third, opened up the middle of the tree to let more sunlight reach the interior. Fourth, I sprayed the entire tree with Ultra Pure horticultural oil and a little Tween-20 surfactant. Tomorrow the tree will get a deep watering. Lastly, 30 days before expected bloom (mid to late January) the tree will be foliar sprayed with urea to supply the extra energy required by the blooms for a good fruit set. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:00:32 PM by Millet »

luak

• U.S, Arkansas, Eureka Springs,Z7.
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaned Up Cara Cara
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »
Millet, are you using urea pellets and than adding it to water to spray? Do you spray urea before spraying with Tweet 20 to seal in the urea?

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
Luak, the urea that I buy is a granular product.  You can use pelleted urea if it dissolve in water.   The Tween 20-surfactant is added directly into the urea spray solution at 1.5 teaspoons per gallon..  Whatever urea you use be sure it is low biuret urea.

Citradia

• USA/NC/Old Fort/6B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »
Urea: is it a good thing that my cat likes to pee under my owari?

Sylvain

• Bergerac, France
    • View Profile
    • Looking for Wakonai.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Is your cat low biuret guaranteed?  ;D

Yorgos

• USA, Houston, Texas USDA zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 03:47:02 PM »
Today I cleaned up a 11-ft X 11-ft, in ground Cara Cara navel.  First, I cut out all the small dead twigs. Second, removed all branches that were occupying the same aerial space as another branch.  Third, opened up the middle of the tree to let more sunlight reach the interior. Fourth, I sprayed the entire tree with Ultra Pure horticultural oil and a little Tween-20 surfactant. Tomorrow the tree will get a deep watering. Lastly, 30 days before expected bloom (mid to late January) the tree will be foliar sprayed with urea to supply the extra energy required by the blooms for a good fruit set.

Millet,
Wouldn't adding a surfactant to horticultural oil be counter productive?  I've wondered about doing this myself but thought adding a surfactant it would diminish the smothering effect of the old. I think of surfactants to be like soap that makes oil hydro-phyllic
Near NRG Stadium, Houston Texas. USDA zone 9a

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
Yourgos, I been adding TW-20 for years, seems to work fine.

Yorgos

• USA, Houston, Texas USDA zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »
OK then!  I will add it next time and note the results.  Much obliged.
Near NRG Stadium, Houston Texas. USDA zone 9a