Author Topic: Diy hoop bender measurements?  (Read 1004 times)

ThangBom321

• TX Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Diy hoop bender measurements?
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:23:52 AM »
Anyone have a diy hoop bender? I'm trying to find the measurements of the rounded part and the length from the end to end. I would like to be able to make one out of wood but much longer so that I only have to bend it a few times vs many times.

I'm specifically looking for the 20' we wide hoop but other sizes will be nice to know as well.

Thanks

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Re: Diy hoop bender measurements?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »
ThangBom, you can take a string of 10ft length and pin one end down.  Now put a chalk on the other end and swing it around and draw a circle with it.  Now you have your curved part.  You can make it as long as you want. 

My 20ft bender is just sitting around not used now I am done with my project.  I could sell it to you at a discount if you wanted it.  I doubt I will be using it again.  Send a PM if you want it. 

And honestly, I don't think its worth your time to try and build one.  They have a very affordable one on buildyourowngreenhouse.com

The one I got was the mid grade one with a stand for it.  You can bend a hoop in about 30 seconds with it.
Brad Spaugh

ThangBom321

• TX Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Diy hoop bender measurements?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:16:33 AM »
Awesome! PM sent! I though about that like and chalk idea already. I was even thinking of buying 30' worth of pvc pipe then arching it into a 21' wide arch. I would then trace that out and cut the wood to match. But, buying a used and good deal bender is even better!!

Thangbom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk