Author Topic: Passionfruit juice?  (Read 1424 times)

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Passionfruit juice?
« on: August 11, 2018, 06:05:36 PM »
How do you guys juice it?  Is there some kind of tool besides a blender and strainer?  I got a ton of these and am sick of the seeds. 

Then I read something that said the seeds can cause appendicitus!  Now I really dont want to consume them..
Brad Spaugh

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Passionfruit juice?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
Add some water and pulse the blender in bursts. That usually releases the valuable pulp from the seeds before straining.
 For an interesting project you can make an excellent wine from passionfruit pulp without removing the seeds.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 09:49:03 PM »
Strainer and back of a soup spoon...
- Rob

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »
Add some water and pulse the blender in bursts. That usually releases the valuable pulp from the seeds before straining.
 For an interesting project you can make an excellent wine from passionfruit pulp without removing the seeds.

That wine looks pretty nice.  Would love to try that sometime.  You use cane sugar or what to get the alcohol?
Brad Spaugh

Coach62

• Naples, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Naples Home Inspections
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 12:15:31 AM »

So - how come you didn't mention this when I was at your farm the other day???  LOL....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:17:03 AM by Coach62 »
www.ableinspector.com

Stop New Yorking my Florida!

Bruce

ScottR

• USA,Arroyo Grande,Calif. 93420,zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 10:39:39 AM »
Spaugh, I don't know if you do smoothie or not but we blend the juice and strain then freeze in ice cube tray's for adding to smoothies  ;)

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:45:41 PM »
I do what rob suggested with my Passiflora incarnata (maypop) pulp.

But usually I just eat the fruits fresh with the seeds. Been eating a few a day lately and possible all that roughage is a little irritating.
I have not found the seeds to have much taste so blending it all together may be viable.

Would love to know more about the wine...

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »

So - how come you didn't mention this when I was at your farm the other day???  LOL....
hey, Coach that was where I went when we got rained out, sorry you went home!
LOL.
The wine is an easy make, cane sugar and champagne yeast. It is very good, the acid fruits make great wine.