Author Topic: Maha comes to life.  (Read 3725 times)

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
Maha comes to life.
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:10 PM »
Quite a few months ago I traded for a Maha Chanok in a 7 gal size,it has done absolutely nothing since,it seems almost overnight it has exploded with new vegetative growth!! Guess it wanted to root in before showing me anything. Happy happy :)

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Maha comes to life.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:28:56 PM »
Congrats on finally getting new growths on your Maha! I have a newly purchased one myself and I can't wait to see it do something hopefully this spring? But, I won't get my hopes up since it took you several months to see new growths. I'll try to remember that when I get impatient  ::)

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:15 PM »
Congrats on finally getting new growths on your Maha! I have a newly purchased one myself and I can't wait to see it do something hopefully this spring? But, I won't get my hopes up since it took you several months to see new growths. I'll try to remember that when I get impatient  ::)
Patience is not an attribute I possess, looks like it's trying to bloom also, we will see,I will try to post a pic when my daughter comes home if it's not too late,my phone is giving me all kinds of issues,think I got it wet.

adiel

• Zone 10b Miami FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 03:37:55 PM »
Congrats b.g.   :)  they do seem to grow very slow.  You reminded me of that sign that use to be at the 18 mile stretch right before Key Largo "PATIENCE PAYS ONLY 3 MINUTES TO PASSING ZONE", they took it off when they redid the 18 mile stretch unfortunately.
Adiel

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:40:08 PM »
Congrats b.g.   :)  they do seem to grow very slow.  You reminded me of that sign that use to be at the 18 mile stretch right before Key Largo "PATIENCE PAYS ONLY 3 MINUTES TO PASSING ZONE", they took it off when they redid the 18 mile stretch unfortunately.
I remember that sign, now you have me wanting to go fishing!

adiel

• Zone 10b Miami FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »
I hear you.   ;D

"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work"
Adiel

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »
I hear you.   ;D

Yes it is!!!! Speaking of patience,a couple of years ago when my grandson was in first grade,someone came to his school speaking about growing vegetables,so he came home really excited and wanted to plant tomatoes,being a good grandpa and totally excited myself that he showed an interest in planting anything,I quickly bought some tomato seeds and we planted them together.Now you would think this was a great grandfather and grandson moment. Nope, for 3days in a row he would come in my room at 5am wanting to see if the seeds sprouted,finally after the 3rd day I relented went to home depot and bought a couple of tomato plants,switched pots after he went to bed and wahla! Tomato plants,still feel guilty but I finally got some sleep!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:04:06 PM by BENDERSGROVE »

mangomandan

• When a man is tired of mangos, he is tired of life
    • USA, Lake Worth, Florida, 33461, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
When your grandson turns 21 you should probably tell him the truth.  ;)

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
When your grandson turns 21 you should probably tell him the truth.  ;)
He might kill me!!  ;D

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:42 PM »
HAHAHA That's pretty funny. When I was that age, my uncle told me that if I planted a bb (the little round balls used in bb guns) in the sand box that it would become money the next day. I tried it, and nothing happened, but it took me a few years before I realized that he was playing with me :-).

I hear you.   ;D

Yes it is!!!! Speaking of patience,a couple of years ago when my grandson was in first grade,someone came to his school speaking about growing vegetables,so he came home really excited and wanted to plant tomatoes,being a good grandpa and totally excited myself that he showed an interest in planting anything,I quickly bought some tomato seeds and we planted them together.Now you would think this was a great grandfather and grandson moment. Nope, for 3days in a row he would come in my room at 5am wanting to see if the seeds sprouted,finally after the 3rd day I relented went to home depot and bought a couple of tomato plants,switched pots after he went to bed and wahla! Tomato plants,still feel guilty but I finally got some sleep!
Jeff  :-)

BENDERSGROVE

• View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
HAHAHA That's pretty funny. When I was that age, my uncle told me that if I planted a bb (the little round balls used in bb guns) in the sand box that it would become money the next day. I tried it, and nothing happened, but it took me a few years before I realized that he was playing with me :-).

I hear you.   ;D

I am a guilt ridden grandpa! but we will do anything for a good nights sleep.  :)

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:16:32 AM »
Lol...LOVE that story about your grandson and the tomato plants. Sounds like something I would have done also.

"Patience is not an attribute I possess, looks like it's trying to bloom also, we will see,I will try to post a pic when my daughter comes home if it's not too late,my phone is giving me all kinds of issues,think I got it wet."

I'm sorry to say Patience is a virtue I was NOT blessed with either  ::)

adiel

• Zone 10b Miami FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 10:29:19 AM »
Hehe nice story.  :)
Adiel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk