Author Topic: Wanted: a small quantity of fresh, viable coffee (coffea) seeds  (Read 1119 times)

Gary Greenfingers

• England, UK
    • View Profile
Wanted: a small quantity of fresh, viable coffee (coffea) seeds
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
Hello,

It's been a while since my last post.
I'm on an endless quest to procure some VIABLE coffee (coffea arabica, canephora, liberica, etc) seeds. I'm not a comerical grower; I just like growing tropical plants as a hobby. Tropicals are something of a novelty in the cool, temperate parts of the world. Much to my frustration, the desiccated-looking coffee seeds bought from Ebay seed suppliers here in the UK never germinate, probably because they've been stored for so long that they are no longer viable. Can anyone suggest sources of viable, fresh coffee seeds? Seeds from recently harvested berries/cherries have the highest germination rate.

Also, I am considering selling seeds as a small home-based online business. I'd be very grateful for tips and advice from those who have relevant experience. Is selling seeds and plants profitable? Does anyone know of wholsale seeds uppliers in the UK/Europe?

Best Regards,

Gary

rac78

• Austalia Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: a small quantity of fresh, viable coffee (coffea) seeds
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »
Hi Gary, how did you go with your coffee seed hunt? I am just starting to pick rip cherries now off my 3 arabica trees. I have already picked enough to try a cup and it tasted like um... coffee now all the cherries are starting to rippen together, I'm wrapped how many where you after? Russ
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:27:48 AM by rac78 »
Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk