Author Topic: Available seeds of rare species. **July 2017**  (Read 94551 times)

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
Available seeds of rare species. **July 2017**
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
Hi friends.

New species available:

Strychnos jobertiana (Loganiaceae) (popular name - unknown) - $6 Few germinated seeds available.

Psidium longipetiolatum (Myrtaceae) (popular name - Araça da mata) - $4

Lacunaria jenmanii (Quinaceae) (popular name - Moela de mutum) - $10 Great potential for commercial cultivation, fruit flavor comparable Garcinia mangostana.

Talisia cupularis (Sapindaceae) (popular name - Pitomba da mata) - $5

Mammea americana (Calophyllaceae) (popular name - Abricó do Pará) - $5 Few germinated seeds available.

Couepia edulis (Chrysobalanaceae) (popular name - Castanha de cutia) - $6 The seeds of this species have an excellent taste, as good as C. longipendula.

Bellucia dichotoma (Melastomataceae) (popular name - Goiaba de anta) - $5 Package with 10 + seeds.

Couma utilis (Apocynaceae) (popular name - Sorvinha) - $5

Euterpe oleracea variety white (Arecaceae) (popular name - Açaí branco) - $4 Few germinated seeds available.

Manicaria saccifera (Arecaceae) (popular name - Ubuçu) - $5 Palm tree of exceptional beauty.

Psidium myrtoides (Myrtaceae) (popular name - Araça roxo) - $3 Excellent flavor.

Garcinia madruno (Clusiaceae) (popular name - Bacuri de espinho) - $3 Available fresh seeds, sprouted seeds and seedlings.

And many other species recently collected.

Payment is made only through Paypal.

The type of shipping is your choice: aerial-priority (7-12 days), EMS (3-7 days) (all shipping methods containing tracking number). The value of shipping is calculated when the order is finalized, and the package weight is calculated.
Important Information: If your country is strict for import of seed, please let us know the necessary requirements. We are not responsible if your package is seized by the inspection of your country.
Shipping to US only with label PPQ FORM 508.
The germination rate of the species is variable. Like most species have not been cultivated, are native species, we have no additional information about germination. But we can confirm that the seeds are fresh and viable.

For additional information please contact us by email, or send us a message through the forum: rare.species.amazon@gmail.com

Best regards,

Vitor (Rare Species Amazon)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:06:11 AM by Rare.Species.Amazon »

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Available seeds of rare species of the Amazon region.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 02:19:59 AM »
Jesus, just when I thought I have clean dreamfrutas & Ricbitar of their seed collection, another Brazilian come along to entice me toward seed allowance bankruptcy.  PM you order tomorrow morning...psst got to go to bed now or wife get suspicious. :-X  ;D
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

Vlk

• Czech Republic
    • View Profile
    • exoticke-pestovani.webnode.cz
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:16:53 AM »
May I ask how Duguetia stelechantha looks inside? From this photo, it looks like extremely small durian :-) But from what I see on Google, it is a family of Annonaceae.. So no durian relative. :-)
Durian & avocado lover

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:43:23 AM »
I have couple garcinias from your list and tempted by your inga. Problems is I know nothing about everything else on your list. You would really help yourself and everybody else by adding more info. You should be a better salesman and add as much info as possible. Like: season last for....months, taste like...., tree size is..., years to fruit...Personally for me just "enormous fruit, extremely rare" is not going to cut it. I need to know a lot more before deciding on order.

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »
I recently planted a few of these and similar congenors and also received info about fruit quality.I planted Couma utilis which I know is like mangaba and very nice but only had a couple of many come up.I also had poor uchi germination but one came up after 3 weeks. There are big trees of this in Hawaii.
I am yet to have any G.macrophyllas come up but madrono has bee great.I have also struggled with Syagrus and Astrocaryum.
I have had low Duguetia germination but only has furfuracea and lanceolata. P.laevigata in the pic looks a bit like pix I have seen of macrocarpa and macrophylla.I planted these 2 and gave the seedlings away after good germination.

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 06:12:12 AM »
PM sent!  ;)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
Vitor, thank you very much for updates and new information. Whenever you update your posting with new information, post a new message with something like: "list updated". Than everybody will have something new to look at and bump your posting to the top. Otherwise no one knows you updated your original posting with new species.
I'm interested in couple species, just don't know if I can order this year. My nursery house is just sooo packed!! By the way, do you ever encounter Croton lechleri (dragon blood tree)? Its not fruit species. I know it grows in western Amazon, been trying to get it unsuccessfully since last year.

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 11:04:44 PM »
Ola Vitor,

Como faço para comprar? Em que Estado vc esta?

No aguardo

RIcardo

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »
Vitor thanks for the update since last night.  Your price for the seeds are a steal & I greatly appreciate your prudence with time spend elucidating us on these rare endanger cultivars. You need no apology on your English skill; I am just glad you did not write it in Portuguese to this feisty & often grumpy English Eccentric crowds of impatience troubadour.  ::) :-\ :blank:

We are honor a fine fruit hunter like yourself consider us worthy enough to share the gems you have found in your country forest & to let us save some of Brazil soon to be forgotten living history. Of course we want to remunerate you fairly (fair trade) so that you can brave the bullet ants, stalking Jaguars, drug dealers & illegal loggers that don't want you in the forest and maybe lost Amazon Cannibal Tribes that might consider you a fruity village feast to bring us undiscovered neW fruit cultivars no white man had seen since the last white missionary were stew in the late 40's. :'(

We look to support you for years to come by continuing to buy your seeds so you can penetrate deeper into the virgin Amazon forest and bring us fruity epicurean delights. ;)

I will be your very best customer and a big Welcome to the Nut House (our Fruit Forum)!!! ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 12:43:32 AM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 10:35:02 AM »
Ola Vitor

Quero comprar 20 sementes de Madruno, como faço o pagamento?

Obrigado

Ricardo

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
Aloha!  I sent a pm

miyoko

• Pacific Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
 had sent PM. check please.

MauiExoticFruitLover

• Maui, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Would be great if we could see a picture of each fruit cut open as well...

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 01:41:43 AM »
Vitor that is a great selection and good luck with the sales. Daniel (from Rio) speaks highly of you and I think people can be confident of your reliability.I am guessing that you are a rainforest botanist as your information and taxonomic understanding seem to be excellent.

Tomas

• USA, Virginia - 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »
After reading this post, something just came to mind.. To me it feels like a botanical revolution that began in last couple of years of all these rare Brazilian species now being available and being grown around the world, thanks to growers like Vitor and others. It's an exciting time to live in!

Tomas

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
Hi Vitor, can you tell more about Eugenia longiracemosa? I can't find much on her. Thank's!  ;D

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »
Added photo Duguetia megalocarpa.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »
After reading this post, something just came to mind.. To me it feels like a botanical revolution that began in last couple of years of all these rare Brazilian species now being available and being grown around the world, thanks to growers like Vitor and others. It's an exciting time to live in!

Tomas

Yes and that's all because of the internet. Now places like the Amazon- or Borneo jungle are getting more known and the whole world can order seeds from out of their own house, don't even have to go to a shop.

I hope that soon there will be more great fruits on the markets all over the world. It's a shame the rainforests are being cut for only palmoil or coffee but thanks to internet the original tree's can be spread easy now.

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
Hi friend.
The biggest problem of deforestation in Brazil is because of the creation of pastures to meat.
If meat consumption it impaire would be a great help to the forest. In fact it would be a great help to the forest and the animals.
I'm impressed with the number of species that I encounter that have not been described by the Botanic. And these plants are disappearing before humans know them. Unfortunately the dispersal of species in the Amazon region is very restricted. Some species only 1 exemplary is found in many acres of forest. Eliminating this exemplary you can be in danger of exterminating a species in an entire region. The Amazon rainforest, compared to other forests, is very complex and very little known.

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »
Thank you very much for presenting all these species of fruit
I think the Duguetia seeds are very interesting, mainly the Duguetia megalocarpa
Vitor, besides the great flavor that you described, is there any principle medicinal in these species of Duguetia ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:03:18 PM by RICBITAR »

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
Hi Ricardo.
Unfortunately I have no information of medicinal uses of Duguetia megalocarpa and Duguetia stelechantha. But exist studies on medicinal use, and nutritional information for other species Duguetia. I believe that after the disclosure of these species appear people interested in studying the chemical characteristics and use applications. But the most important at the moment is to preserve these rare and endangered species, and you're helping to make it happen.

Best regards,

Vitor

Mike T

• Zone 12a
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »
Vitor when you look at world angiosperm diversity Latin America and SE Asia dominate. The 5 most species rich/area world nodes for flowering plants are Atlantic Brazil,Central America into Colombia,the strip east of the Andes,New Guinea and Borneo. There is much to find in all these places and the Amazon seems to have the biggest collection of flowering plants in the world.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 11:36:44 PM »
Vitor do you live in Amazonas? What area?
Oscar

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 04:39:46 PM »
Hi Oscar.
Currently I have fixed residence in São Paulo, but travel most of the year to other states especially Amazonas.
Best regards,

Vitor

Rare.Species.Amazon

• Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 02:01:20 AM »
Hi friends.
Few units available seeds.
Next season only next year.
Best regards,