Author Topic: Durian Doctors in Need  (Read 1502 times)

omarudy

• Miami, FL Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Durian Doctors in Need
« on: November 22, 2014, 08:43:56 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm back at my house for thanksgiving break, and when I checked outside something strange was happening to my durians. On one side of the durian, all the leaves had black spots on them, and I was thinking fungus and moisture issues. But then when I turned one around the other side of the leaves were fine with no black dots. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Durian Doctors in Need
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
The black spots could be fungal, such as Anthracnose;  however, the yellow halos around the black spots look like some bacterial cankers.

There may also be some mineral deficiencies, probably including low Magnesium.

I suggest you send the pictures to the plant pathology department at TREC.
Har

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 11:09:33 AM »
How cold did your tree get?  I noticed chilly weather caused my seedling to have some black spots, maybe the cold dry wind only hit one side of your plant?
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

omarudy

• Miami, FL Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 02:42:54 PM »
Thanks guanabanus and adam!

Guanabanus, would bacterial canker or fungal disease show on one side? And thanks for the suggestion for TREC, I'll definitely do that. The side without dots was in shade and no water gets on that side, if that helps.

And Adam, it got down to the 50s and I left all my durians unprotected. There was one of the durians that I have in the greenhouse permanently that doesn't have the dots, but it has a dropper that waters it below so I don't know if that might be the reason it doesn't have the spots either, and the greenhouse wasn't heated either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk