Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172784 times)

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Some guabirobas can get really big! this is from Garupá, Misiones, Argentina

Will you be getting seeds from this variety?

Hi, Yes I have them already! But anyway I think it is almost the same as Eldorado big one

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I will have seeds (not too much stock) of a new native jaboticaba sp. planted at Concordia, Entre Rios, by friday 13 or monday 16 too.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
A friend of mine got Achachairú fruits from Bolivia! I will get them by 13 dic, in 2 days, he said he fell in love with the fruit, amazing taste. I will be reporting by friday and selling some seeds too, along with the new jaboticaba from Concordia, Entre Rios

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, keep in mind this is maybe the first jaboticaba tree fruiting at Buenos Aires province (temperate climate!), fruits seem to be big; the tree is more than 20 years old and the original seed was from Posadas, Misiones, see:

I will have them in a few days.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
The collector from Misiones told me some days ago that she would harvest guavirá.johvy in these days before a storm could take them down, but today told me that the fruits are in fact very unripe now.... so I asked her if she collected them in the last season; yes, she told me that it was at the end of january!

So... they will be by the end of january or begining of february. Sorry!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Jaboticaba from Luján is here!

* Jaboticaba Luján (Plinia sp.) . Taste is a bit different to other jabos I tasted (sabara, red, serrana, campo ramon, eldorado gota, inta, etc.), juicy, delicious and sweet, good seed to pulp ratio, well balanced taste, black fruits (not redish) up to 2.6cm diam, I will do icecreams soon. Fruiting in temperate climate! Not precocious.

Name                                     5 seeds 10 seeds 20 seeds 40 seeds  80 seeds  100 seeds
Jaboticaba Luján (Plinia sp.) USD18        32           60            110           190            230

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Marco Lacerda wrote about Jaboticaba Luján "Very unusual. Distinct from P. jaboticaba, P. trunciflora, P. cauliflora and several others. I'd approach it to P. oblongata and to Pingo de Mel (Honey Drop), however distinct from both due to the semi-persistent rounded sepals at the calyx."

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Ubajay (Eugenia myrcianthes) from Junín, very nice fruit! Juicy and sweet when on the ground and orange. The juice of the fruit is amazing; keep in mind it is a strong flavour, allways acid but sweet too when properly ripe, I like it more and more every year; I will do jam and maybe icecream. I added some photos of the sister species Eugenia pyriformis (uvaia) just because you can see the differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ZyzR_Ejkg

Harvesting now, prices:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Coming soon: Guaviyú from Misiones!

* Guabiju, Posadas Sweet fruit (no acidity), full of antioxidans, easy to grow, frost hardy to -9ºC or so. Slow growing like most Eugenia, but faster than most jaboticabas. Endangered species.

Name                          Scientific name        5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds
Guabiju, Posadas   Myrcianthes pungens   16             30                 58             110            190         230

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
A fantastic surprise! Limited stock.

* Aguaí (Chrysophyllum gonocarpum) , Sapotaceae. We were very surprised by the amount of fruit we found in a small tree of more than 2 meters. The taste is very sweet, touching the syrup. The size varies in this specimen from 3 to 5 cm and sometimes more; It has vegetative reproduction (stakes) so that an improvement program would be easier to implement compared to other native fruit trees. The trees begin to produce fruits from the 5 to 7 years of germinated the seed. The Aguaí is a tree of riparian areas, adapted to grow with sporadic flooding, so it is a fruit with the potential to incorporate in Agroforestry Damping Zones , where its fruit is not only usable but its wood and its medicinal properties are very good, the medicinal properties of its leaves and seeds are often cited in the treatment of rheumatisms, skin diseases, syphilis and leprosy.

Name                          Scientific name        5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds
aguaí, guarani (Chrysophyllum gonocarpum)   16             30                 58             110            190         230

Luisport

• New in tropical fruit growing!
    • Fatima, Portugal
    • View Profile
This ubajais are sweet and good flavour? Usually this fruit don't have a great flavour...

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
This ubajais are sweet and good flavour? Usually this fruit don't have a great flavour...

Yes, the pulp is sweet! The skin is acid and tart.

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Has  Aguaí  perishable seeds?
Mike

Itay Gazit

• san jose
    • View Profile
Aguaí - do you happen to know it's hardiness? Was it found in frost-free area?

Thx

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Aguaí - do you happen to know it's hardiness? Was it found in frost-free area?

Thx

Hi, yes it grows on tropical and subtropical, even here we use to have -6ºC and it grows ok.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Ubajays are sprounting, so you can buy sprouted or unsprouted ubajay seeds now, happy new year!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Happy new year! even happier to me as Regalito gave its first fruits:

* Regalito (Eugenia aff. cisplatensis) Ultra-rare Eugenia, native from Paraguay and Argentina, nice taste similar to plum mixed with strawberry guava, better than Cedar bay cherry, maybe similar to E. candolleana. Very ornamental tree as you can see in the photos. Hardy to at least -4º C in my garden and maybe -5ºC or so in the wild. Slow growing in early stages, first fruits at 5 years old 80cm tall.

Very limited stock (about 10), each seed USD 10 (sorry, I even would like to sow it and have more plants)

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Good news! I can confirm I will have Guaviyú from Posadas, Misiones by January 7, see:

Name                          Scientific name        5 seeds   10 seeds   20 seeds   40 seeds   80 seeds   100 seeds
* Guabiju, Posadas   Myrcianthes pungens   16             30                 58             110            190         230

Guaviyú: excelent fruit tree, sweet fruits full of antioxidants, ornamental and hardy plant, it resist -9ºC or so. Stock: about 300 seeds, some of them sprouting now!