Author Topic: The Hunt for the "EVIARC Sweet" Jackfruit  (Read 23989 times)

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunt for the "EVIARC Sweet" Jackfruit
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2013, 01:25:51 AM »
I sure hope that Forum Member 'fruitnursery' can help to finally bring the 'EVIARC Sweet' jackfruit variety to the USA, as I and other Forum Members are very interested in doing this.

plantlover13, has asked a very good question(s) about the quality of the 'EVIARC Sweet' fruit. There's nothing like first hand experience. It's nice to know that there are Forum Members like fruitnursery in the Phillippines.
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2013, 01:47:21 AM »
Hi,

I have Eviarc Sweet tree in a container and it has flowered. I could provide limited scions. Pm if you're interested.

That's great!! but there is still importation to worry about.

However, could you please enlighten us to the taste? And texture? We are all very interested. And let us see if we can work out a way to get some scions here into the U.S.

Great thing about this forum, while it may seem like the South Floridan Mango Growers Forum sometimes, it really is international.

Hi,

The variety was selected in a jackfruit growing area in the philippines. It is now being promoted as the number jackfruit variety in the philippines. The taste is very sweet. The texture is crunchy with bubblegum texture.  The variety can be eaten fresh or processed into bottles which we use with desserts in our country. I got my plant from department og agriculture official which he got from the university that is promoting the variety. 
Tropical fruit collector enthusiast

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2013, 01:54:57 AM »
I sure hope that Forum Member 'fruitnursery' can help to finally bring the 'EVIARC Sweet' jackfruit variety to the USA, as I and other Forum Members are very interested in doing this.

plantlover13, has asked a very good question(s) about the quality of the 'EVIARC Sweet' fruit. There's nothing like first hand experience. It's nice to know that there are Forum Members like fruitnursery in the Phillippines.

Hi,

I try to share scions or seeds before when i was active in the rare fruit yahoo groups. But had bad experience in sending scions or seeds in the us especially in florida. One problem is shipping fee, its expensive to send packages in the philippines to us. Then the strictness of usda and customs.  So if you're going to look at it, its risky.

The variety is very superior because it more tasty and more productive. Jackfruit grows wild in the philippines and we have more varieties. But eviarc sweet is the number jackfruit variety in the philippines.

The best way to send is to have a good packaging.  But jackfruit is hard graft.  You need an expert propagatorbto succeed.
Tropical fruit collector enthusiast

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »

Hi,

I try to share scions or seeds before when i was active in the rare fruit yahoo groups. But had bad experience in sending scions or seeds in the us especially in florida. One problem is shipping fee, its expensive to send packages in the philippines to us. Then the strictness of usda and customs.  So if you're going to look at it, its risky.

The variety is very superior because it more tasty and more productive. Jackfruit grows wild in the philippines and we have more varieties. But eviarc sweet is the number jackfruit variety in the philippines.

The best way to send is to have a good packaging. But jackfruit is hard graft.  You need an expert propagator to succeed.

I have heard that EVIARC has a 95%  percent success rate, which is why they are promoting it to poorer farmers to graft their own.

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2013, 02:04:08 PM »
I agree with Forum Member fruitnursery, this is beginning to sound more and more like a job for a jackfruit propagator expert or an expert nursery company/organization.

I sure wish some Forum Member like that would step up and bring 'EVIARC Sweet,' 'Honey Sweet,' and 'Latexless (Malaysia)' to South Florida USA to propagate here. This forum has expert fruit propagators that frequently travel outside the USA on fruit-tree tours. It would be great if they planned a 'safe' fruit-tree tour to the vicinity of "Dizon Fruit Tree Nursery," and got this (Impossible) Mission done, should they choose to accept it.  :D
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »
so close, yet so far.

Anyone in the mood for an import permit? I'm a bit young, don't think i'm legally allowed.

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
Find out, maybe you're not so young afterall. If not, maybe you can get one with the signature of a parent/guardian?

This is something that I'm even contemplating to do myself.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2013, 04:33:18 PM »
Find out, maybe you're not so young afterall. If not, maybe you can get one with the signature of a parent/guardian?

This is something that I'm even contemplating to do myself.

I'm pretty sure you have to be 18.

From what i hear, it really isn't that difficult at all to get a permit. I would do it if i was old enough. Someone, go ahead! It's probably a lot cheaper than a phyto.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2014, 03:11:33 AM »
So does anybody has the EVIARC by now or is the hunt over?

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
So does anybody has the EVIARC by now or is the hunt over?

I don't think anyone has it yet. I'm waiting till next year to see what i can do because it's winter here, obviously. Anyone else had any luck?

Does anyone know if TC works on jackfruit as it does for breadfuit? if that was the case then we wouldn't have to worry as much about grafting.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »
I have no idea what TC is but they fruit after 3 years from seed so that's not so bad. I hope to find them soon here in Thailand as the Thai love sweet fruits so much.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
I have no idea what TC is but they fruit after 3 years from seed so that's not so bad. I hope to find them soon here in Thailand as the Thai love sweet fruits so much.

TC is tissue culture. I would prefer if we could get actual budwood or germplasm here so we know we have a true to type cultivar, and there is no chance of seedling variation or hybridization.

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
Let's not give up hope in bringing the 'Sweet EVIARC' jackfruit into the States. In another Thread, it's been reported that 'red fleshed' jackfruit fruit, if not the tree, is already in Florida, USA. So, for the famous 'EVIARC' jackfruit, I hope it's a matter of time before it gets here, and the sooner the better.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »
Let's not give up hope in bringing the 'Sweet EVIARC' jackfruit into the States. In another Thread, it's been reported that 'red fleshed' jackfruit fruit, if not the tree, is already in Florida, USA. So, for the famous 'EVIARC' jackfruit, I hope it's a matter of time before it gets here, and the sooner the better.

I really hope we can get clonal germplasm. This project has become sort of personal to me now, even though i could never really get them to fruit here lol.

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »
If you could get clonal germplasm and were able to get it to start growing in a pot, I'm sure many of us in South Florida, USA, would love to field test grow it for you, that would be one valuable fruit tree.

Unlike other famous fruit trees, like Cherimoya, we're very lucky in S.FL that Jackfruit grows well here.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »
Well, my fingers are crossed...

Looks like there are some articles of TC of jackfruit, so it may be possible. I'm really hopeful on this one.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:08 AM »
Just because it's possible doesn't mean any lab is doing jackfruit tissue culture. Mangosteen tissue culture is also possible but nobody does it because it's just not economical. In the case of breadfruit TC there is a non profit organization funding the TC and distribution to poverty stricken zones of the planet.
Oscar

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2014, 06:46:35 AM »
Ladies and Gents,

I have may have secured EVIARC Sweet budwood.  I do not want to blow this opportunity so I would like to attempt to solicit the help of an experienced jackfruit grafter.  I have managed to get my mango percentages to a fairly respectable rate but I have never done jackfruit before and fear all of the latex will give me problems.  If anyone is really good at grafting jackfruit, please pm me and I will offer to pay for your services or trade you the 2nd EVIARC Sweet Jackfruit that is successfully grafted.  Needless to say, I will keep the first to myself. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:49:48 AM by dongeorgio »
George

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
Ladies and Gents,

I have may have secured EVIARC Sweet budwood.  I do not want to blow this opportunity so I would like to attempt to solicit the help of an experienced jackfruit grafter.  I have managed to get my mango percentages to a fairly respectable rate but I have never done jackfruit before and fear all of the latex will give me problems.  If anyone is really good at grafting jackfruit, please pm me and I will offer to pay for your services or trade you the 2nd EVIARC Sweet Jackfruit that is successfully grafted.  Needless to say, I will keep the first to myself.

Well done! how did you get it?

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »
Well I'm curious to know too ... please keep us informed on the progress. I've always had good jackfruit in the Philippines, so I'm curious to try some and know how this compares ...

LEOOEL

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:48 PM »
Dongeorgio, this is the best tropical fruit tree news that I've heard so far this year, I sure hope that your propagation of the famous 'EVIARC-Sweet' is successful, and thanks for the great news, congrats. Please put me on the list to purchase from you a grafted 'EVIARC-Sweet' jackfruit tree.

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Any new information on this jackfruit?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:40:16 PM by plantlover13 »

Das Bhut

• Davie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2015, 08:32:49 AM »

Balinad

• Philippines, Northern Samar, Las Navas
    • View Profile
    • Balinad Farm
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
You can ask me any question about this variety.
https://www.facebook.com/EVIARCSWEET/

Balinad

• Philippines, Northern Samar, Las Navas
    • View Profile
    • Balinad Farm
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »
We have lots of EVIARC Sweet grafted seedlings available we are the only one with EVIARC Sweet clones available in the Philippines as of the moment.
https://www.facebook.com/EVIARCSWEET/photos/pcb.2056644424599821/2056643477933249/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/EVIARCSWEET/photos/pcb.2056644424599821/2063062640624666/?type=3&theater

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk