Author Topic: Space coast/Orlando Florida nurseries please!  (Read 1675 times)

chris1

• Brevard county, Florida zone 9b
    • View Profile
Space coast/Orlando Florida nurseries please!
« on: September 24, 2019, 05:32:17 PM »
I am looking for another low chill peach, a June plum, and any low chill warm weather plum or apple if possible. I was going to make the 2.5 hour drive to Excalibur but would really prefer to find a place closer. Any chance anyone knows a place on the space coast or Orlando area? Thanks!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Space coast/Orlando Florida nurseries please!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 08:19:53 PM »
I saw some large low chill peaches at Home Depot today. They were in 25 gal and 15 gallon
pots

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 04:57:02 AM »
Have you checked with Rockledge Gardens?

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »
Green Jungle has a really good selection and unbeatable prices.  He is over on South Golden Rod near the 528. I liked Rockledge Gardens but like Lucas, those prices are insanely high and they didn't have a large selection of fruit trees.

chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »
Green Jungle has a really good selection and unbeatable prices.  He is over on South Golden Rod near the 528. I liked Rockledge Gardens but like Lucas, those prices are insanely high and they didn't have a large selection of fruit trees.

This was my understanding that rockledge gardens didn’t have many fruit trees. Green Jungle I am unfamiliar with. I will check that out thank you. We all want the best prices and all but considering the alternative is a 5 hour round trip drive and burning a full tank of gas it evens out quickly if I can stay local.

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
5 hour?  Green jungle is easy to get to from the Coast. Go 95 to 528 and Goldenrod is the exit prior to the airport exit. Go north 2 miles and its on the right. Just call first as he has odd hours during the week.

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 10:37:03 AM »
Wouldn't hurt to stop by or call Rockledge Gardens, from their website:

"What’s a Central Florida yard without a citrus tree? Nothing beats the taste of fresh citrus, and Rockledge Gardens carries a large assortment, including many varieties of oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, lemons, and limes. We also have a great selection of tropical fruits like mangoes, avocados, bananas, guavas, and tropical cherries, as well as varieties of blueberries, grapes, peaches, and apples — all tried and true for growing in Brevard County!"

It has been a year or so since I stopped in there, but they had a nice sized area for fruit trees (not just bananas, citrus and mangoes either). Not sure how often they get trees in.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:50:46 AM by Dangermouse01 »

Puerco_Gringo

• Patrick SFB, FL, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »
Best option in my opinion, would be Stevenson Landscaping in Cocoa, the best nursery I have found in the area, as their selections are great, and their prices are phenomenal.  I just called them, and they currently have Tropic Snow and Tropic Beauty.

Apart from that, I saw a couple low-chill peach trees, at the Rockledge Lowe's, the other day.  They were Florida Prince, I believe.  I've seen some of the local Walmarts carry a few, also.  Don't recall which stores I saw them at, but a good bet would be the beachside one on Eau Gallie, and the one on Sarno Rd., the ones I usually frequent.

chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 04:26:24 PM »
Thanks everyone I will try to get to some of these places and see what they have!

5 hour?  Green jungle is easy to get to from the Coast. Go 95 to 528 and Goldenrod is the exit prior to the airport exit. Go north 2 miles and its on the right. Just call first as he has odd hours during the week.

The 5 hours was referring to Excalibur. 

eduardo_98

• USA, Florida, Tampa, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »
Our Kids Tropical Nursery in Winter Garden just north of Orlando has a really great selection of fruit trees. I have bought quite a few things from them and plan on going back soon

chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
Best option in my opinion, would be Stevenson Landscaping in Cocoa, the best nursery I have found in the area, as their selections are great, and their prices are phenomenal.  I just called them, and they currently have Tropic Snow and Tropic Beauty.

Apart from that, I saw a couple low-chill peach trees, at the Rockledge Lowe's, the other day.  They were Florida Prince, I believe.  I've seen some of the local Walmarts carry a few, also.  Don't recall which stores I saw them at, but a good bet would be the beachside one on Eau Gallie, and the one on Sarno Rd., the ones I usually frequent.

Stevenson Landscaping is the shit! I believe the owners name was Jerry or Jesse. I called after their scheduled closing time and he was still there and told me to come by. He went above and beyond anything he needed to do to help me out and I did get a tropic sweet peach and had a great very positive experience. Highly recommend.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:11:22 PM by chris1 »