Author Topic: Camu Camu forest (Myrciaria dubia)  (Read 10816 times)

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
Camu Camu forest (Myrciaria dubia)
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:04:56 PM »
So our camu camu forest is doing amazing. A lot of work in this project. Most trees are 6-9 feet tall and fruiting....a bunch.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:55:00 PM by greg794855 »
I grow Camu Camu, it’s what I do.
Www.camucamufarms.com

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
Re: Camu Camu forest (Myrciaria dubia)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:09:01 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Holy crap!
-Josh

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:57:08 PM »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Ataman

• I'm fruit lover. I try to grow every type of fruit
    • Hungary, Zone 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 02:58:03 PM »
Nice job! What will you do with the fruits?

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
Nice job! What will you do with the fruits?

Testing and product development.
Www.camucamufarms.com

Mattcher

• Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
OMG. This is really a Camu Camy forest!

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
Super food! Ultra high Vitamin C , I use the powder in smoothies.

Ed
Zone 10

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Nice setup, good to see some nice experimental rare fruit grove growers.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:14 AM »

I hope the berries ripen before they freeze. I'm not worried about the trees freezing at this point though.
Www.camucamufarms.com

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 08:37:08 AM »
Super food! Ultra high Vitamin C , I use the powder in smoothies.

Ed

We are hoping to get a bunch of fruit over the next year or so.
Www.camucamufarms.com

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 09:28:50 AM »
OMG. This is really a Camu Camy forest!

This is one of several runs we have. We have 1000s of Camu Camu trees growing right now.
Www.camucamufarms.com

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »
Nice!
Har

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »

I hope the berries ripen before they freeze. I'm not worried about the trees freezing at this point though.

how u heating them?
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Finca La Isla

• Costa Rica, Southern Caribbean coast
    • View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 01:25:39 PM »
How are the Camus grown in terms of the medium, watering, etc.?  How long do they take to come into production?
Thanks, Peter

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 02:54:52 PM »

how u heating them?

We aren't heating them.... This is where the 9 years of research we have been doing will change what everyone thought.
Www.camucamufarms.com

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 02:57:14 PM »
How are the Camus grown in terms of the medium, watering, etc.?  How long do they take to come into production?
Thanks, Peter

Peter,

We are not disclosing the medium yet, no added ph adjustments in over 3 years. We got these to fruit in less than 4 years. Some less than 3.
Www.camucamufarms.com

Finca La Isla

• View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »
Interesting, I’m kind of trying to duplicate what I understand their natural setting to be with occasional flooding.  Right now they’re in about 2” of water as it’s pretty rainy at the moment.  They look alright but not a fast grower.  Nobody I know here actually has them in production.  Mine are about 1 year old, kind of scrawny, maybe 3-4 ft.  I’m not too sure what to expect.
Thanks, Peter

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »

how u heating them?

With the overhead water during cold nights, I don't think he would have to worry to much.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 07:21:56 PM »

how u heating them?

With the overhead water during cold nights, I don't think he would have to worry to much.

We don’t heat......at all. We have recorded temps below 20°F and all pictured survived. I will not disclose how though.....not yet.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:26:38 PM by greg794855 »
Www.camucamufarms.com

Finca La Isla

• View Profile
    • finca la isla
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »
Too bad you aren’t willing to share what you’ve learned.  We’re very open as I think most participants on this forum are.
Peter

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 09:42:31 AM »
Too bad you aren’t willing to share what you’ve learned.  We’re very open as I think most participants on this forum are.
Peter

Peter,

I will definitely share when I can confirm more data. I don’t like giving information that is inaccurate. People spend a lot of money on products just as I have.
I actually started getting information from here on how to grow Camu Camu. I spent $1,000s over 9 years in this, through trial and error with the information from this forum. Most of which I tinkered with and cross referenced. Some which was found inaccurate. I am not a person that will tell someone as such in an open forum with kind people.
I posted here to share some information obtained so far and to show progress. Some information I will hold until I get better results. Other parts are proprietary.
As far as helping your growing camu camu now. You are on the right track in that you are trying to simulate the conditions, but they don’t need to be exact. Use good soil, water with non-chlorinated water daily and watch it grow. Fertilize 1-2 times a year. The plants don’t need to be in water constantly.
Www.camucamufarms.com

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2018, 10:05:11 AM »
Just as medical doctors and lawyers and architects and industrial designers and so on aren't required to freely dispense the knowledge that has been costly for them to acquire, so it is with horticulturists as well.  Just because you may be in one of those very profitable professions and regard "messing around with plants" as merely a fun hobby to share about and have competitions about, does not therefor make inappropriate someone else's reticence to give out their horticultural information upon which they are hoping to make a better living.

The adverse effects of losing exclusivity too soon to one's hard-earned techniques can be severe and swift.  In economics, the band-wagon effect is very destructive.
As is industrial espionage.  I witnessed a nursery, from one year to the next, go from selling about 10 thousands of grafted trees of one species, per year, to one or two hundred--- because a more conveniently located nursery paid an employee to teach them the technique.
Har

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2018, 10:23:59 AM »
Just as medical doctors and lawyers and architects and industrial designers and so on aren't required to freely dispense the knowledge that has been costly for them to acquire, so it is with horticulturists as well.  Just because you may be in one of those very profitable professions and regard "messing around with plants" as merely a fun hobby to share about and have competitions about, does not therefor make inappropriate someone else's reticence to give out their horticultural information upon which they are hoping to make a better living.

The adverse effects of losing exclusivity too soon to one's hard-earned techniques can be severe and swift.  In economics, the band-wagon effect is very destructive.
As is industrial espionage.  I witnessed a nursery, from one year to the next, go from selling about 10 thousands of grafted trees of one species, per year, to one or two hundred--- because a more conveniently located nursery paid an employee to teach them the technique.

Well put. I also know many have tried and failed with growing camu camu for many years. Most have given up. Some give up after a couple of tries, some after a couple of years. If I can find a way to profit and help with this on a large scale I will do everything I can. With that said, I will not hand over my "Playbook" after many years of trials, countless hours of research, and continuous product development.

As of right now, we are still about a year or so away from actual product deployment. Just as stated above, I will not make the same mistake an entire country made in the development of this fascinating fruit by selling to the market before I can determine a proper plan of action.

I will keep this post updated as much as possible in regards to information on progress and information that has already been posted in other areas with clarification.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:06:05 AM by greg794855 »
Www.camucamufarms.com

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2018, 12:26:34 PM »

Well put. I also know many have tried and failed with growing camu camu for many years. Most have given up. Some give up after a couple of tries, some after a couple of years. If I can find a way to profit and help with this on a large scale I will do everything I can. With that said, I will not hand over my "Playbook" after many years of trials, countless hours of research, and continuous product development.

As of right now, we are still about a year or so away from actual product deployment. Just as stated above, I will not make the same mistake an entire country made in the development of this fascinating fruit by selling to the market before I can determine a proper plan of action.

I will keep this post updated as much as possible in regards to information on progress and information that has already been posted in other areas with clarification.

but i think this is the reason we don't know how the pyramids were built.  :P ;D

btw, my camu camus are finally setting fruits in a 15 gal pot about 7y old, 8ft tall...the hardest part of keeping them alive is keeping pH low.

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

greg794855

• louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Camu Camu
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »

That's AWESOMENESS!!!! CONGRATS!

but i think this is the reason we don't know how the pyramids were built.  :P ;D

btw, my camu camus are finally setting fruits in a 15 gal pot about 7y old, 8ft tall...the hardest part of keeping them alive is keeping pH low.

Awesomeness! Congrats! The ph issue will be a thing of the past not long from now. I was late on taking pics of open flowers. I did't think they would fruit this year.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:52:44 PM by greg794855 »
Www.camucamufarms.com