Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 12095 times)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Error Message
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
A restore will likely not help. I don't think this is a data integrity issue. It's more likely a network issue, either with a failing node in the route to the server, or the server itself is overloaded.

I called the hosting company last night and they said it was not an issue with their server. Maybe I will call them again today.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »
Been getting this problem as well, weird that they said there was no problem.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 06:55:18 PM »
I couldn't get into this website for an hour due to the server being too full.  So Jeff was right about the server.
Alexi

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:52 AM »
Yes i have also had this happen, i hit retry and it usually works.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 01:48:10 AM »
Doesn't seem like a busy server as on first attempt to post there is always an instant error message coming up, there does not seem to be any attempt to connect with the server. Also it happens on every single first posting attempt, which doesn't make sense that server would be always busy on first attempt to post, but not busy on second attempt.
Oscar
Oscar

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »
This is what I got yesterday

Jeff  :-)

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 11:13:38 AM »
That was the work of Dr. Murahilin! He was working with GoDaddy at the time.. We still have not ruled out a server error.  That message wasnt related to the glitches we have been experiencing, it was just a change in SQL database access.  It seems weird that refreshing the page corrects it??

Fruitguy

• Zone 10b - Miami, FL
    • United States, Miami,Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »
It is a strange error.  Sometimes when I try to post, refreshing simply returns a blank post field and I have to go back several times to get to what I have already written.  I'm sure it is all Murahilin's fault!  ;)

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
It is a strange error.  Sometimes when I try to post, refreshing simply returns a blank post field and I have to go back several times to get to what I have already written.  I'm sure it is all Murahilin's fault!  ;)

Don't refresh the browser. Press the button in the page that says retry or something like that. That should avoid the blank post field. The problem seems intermittent, it worked fine for about an hour yesterday. That is leading me to believe it is a hosting problem and not a forum problem.

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
Not sure if the problem is fixed...But, today has been the first day that I haven't gotten a single "Error" message since it started...hopefully, whatever it is has been resolved.

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
Not sure if the problem is fixed...But, today has been the first day that I haven't gotten a single "Error" message since it started...hopefully, whatever it is has been resolved.

It seems to have fixed itself yesterday afternoon. That leads me to believe that it was in fact not something wrong with the forum but with the hosting. Let's hope that it does not happen again.

phantomcrab

• USA, St. Petersburg, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »
If the forum was unchanged, the problem had to be with the server. One of the classic symptoms of server issues is erratic behavior to net requests. Problems do not just fix themselves or vanish in the computer world.
Richard

murahilin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 10:38:28 PM »
If the forum was unchanged, the problem had to be with the server. One of the classic symptoms of server issues is erratic behavior to net requests. Problems do not just fix themselves or vanish in the computer world.

Yup. By fixing itself, I meant it was fixed without any of our doing and that would lead me to believe our idea that it was a server issue was correct and not a problem with the forum.