Author Topic: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions  (Read 146863 times)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Fruit Lover's Nursery Seed and Scions
« Reply #325 on: April 24, 2015, 07:17:13 PM »
was just browsing your site Oscar...it's been a while...but I must admit, your website is probably the best source for tropical fruit seeds.

I need to update mine one day  :-[ 

this forum has turned into my website.

Thanks Adam. I've added a lot of offerings to my seed page lately. It's been really hard to keep up with all the orders, especially now that spring has sprung. Maintaining a website is quite a chore. Often i'm up till very late making changes on that website. Somebody compared building a website to building a house, and its a very good analogy: the work is never finished. Always something needs to be repaired or remodeled or improved. I'd like to add growing information about all the new seed species added, but i just don't have the time right now. Maybe some day.

The HTML code looks pretty straight forward, simple, to the point  on your website Oscar. Can be a good thing since, its easier to fix something that broke on it, but a lot of people this day and age like pretty simplistic websites that scale easily on smart phones and tablets. The website does not work on my mobile phone (and most likely tablet).

Have you considered using wordpress or webflow template to make the website? (I know a lot of templates are cookie cutter, though a good portion can be modified adding a good unique look). Advantages would be can add some nice updated graphics, database, and mobile usability to the webpage). I would look into webflow, my friend has a website development and marking company (I believe he recommended webflow to me for diy website template).

https://webflow.com/

Hi Nullzero, thanks for the recommendations. I know my website is not mobile friendly. And i have no plan to make it so in the future. Please if you want to surf it use a laptop or PC. You won't be able to see most of the photos very well on a 2 inch screen anyway. I have too much work as it is, at least for right now. If business goes dead at some point i will consider doing what you say. Right now i'm still a one person company, so there are limitations to how many things i can do.
Oscar

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 24, 2015, 08:42:04 PM »
was just browsing your site Oscar...it's been a while...but I must admit, your website is probably the best source for tropical fruit seeds.

I need to update mine one day  :-[ 

this forum has turned into my website.

Thanks Adam. I've added a lot of offerings to my seed page lately. It's been really hard to keep up with all the orders, especially now that spring has sprung. Maintaining a website is quite a chore. Often i'm up till very late making changes on that website. Somebody compared building a website to building a house, and its a very good analogy: the work is never finished. Always something needs to be repaired or remodeled or improved. I'd like to add growing information about all the new seed species added, but i just don't have the time right now. Maybe some day.

The HTML code looks pretty straight forward, simple, to the point  on your website Oscar. Can be a good thing since, its easier to fix something that broke on it, but a lot of people this day and age like pretty simplistic websites that scale easily on smart phones and tablets. The website does not work on my mobile phone (and most likely tablet).

Have you considered using wordpress or webflow template to make the website? (I know a lot of templates are cookie cutter, though a good portion can be modified adding a good unique look). Advantages would be can add some nice updated graphics, database, and mobile usability to the webpage). I would look into webflow, my friend has a website development and marking company (I believe he recommended webflow to me for diy website template).

https://webflow.com/

Hi Nullzero, thanks for the recommendations. I know my website is not mobile friendly. And i have no plan to make it so in the future. Please if you want to surf it use a laptop or PC. You won't be able to see most of the photos very well on a 2 inch screen anyway. I have too much work as it is, at least for right now. If business goes dead at some point i will consider doing what you say. Right now i'm still a one person company, so there are limitations to how many things i can do.

sounds like there's an opportunity for an internship in that statement!  The main thing is at least you can search your site on an iphone!  Besides, it's easier to hide the fact I'm buying seeds from my wife! :)

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:13 PM »
Thanks Oscar; placed an order today for some seeds.
Michael

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 25, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
Thankyou Oscar for adding new stuff, received great package as always, I have finally plant all three garcinia, Cherapu seeds were so fresh I could smell your spit; stop smoking those Cuban stogies, we need you around for a few more volcano eruptions!🌊🗻😆 Your Oscar Giant Camieto seeds have to be the smallest seeds for giant camito or for any camito I mange to fruit over the three decades; hope you are not Dorgonize with this one; I dont think you want to see my reviews in a decade when it fruit!😄😜😝😛

A Giant Top of the line Purple Camieto with small seed is a Holy grail in my book, you should name it Oscar Purple Sapphire Camieto!  Maybe I need to have a master grafter graft some budwood in the short term so I can live long enough to write a review
About these luscious delight!😇 
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #329 on: April 25, 2015, 07:34:23 PM »
Thankyou Oscar for adding new stuff, received great package as always, I have finally plant all three garcinia, Cherapu seeds were so fresh I could smell your spit; stop smoking those Cuban stogies, we need you around for a few more volcano eruptions!🌊🗻😆 Your Oscar Giant Camieto seeds have to be the smallest seeds for giant camito or for any camito I mange to fruit over the three decades; hope you are not Dorgonize with this one; I dont think you want to see my reviews in a decade when it fruit!😄😜😝😛

A Giant Top of the line Purple Camieto with small seed is a Holy grail in my book, you should name it Oscar Purple Sapphire Camieto!  Maybe I need to have a master grafter graft some budwood in the short term so I can live long enough to write a review

The giant purple starapples have smaller seeds than normal sized. The other interesting thing is that most of these giants only have 3 seeds inside. (Normal sized fruit usually have 6-8 seeds.) Maybe i will name them after you, just because you make me laugh! The only type of cigarettes i smoke are those candy types made for kids. HAHA
Oscar

RICBITAR

• SAO PAULO - BRASIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 26, 2015, 08:22:09 AM »

The giant purple starapples have smaller seeds than normal sized. The other interesting thing is that most of these giants only have 3 seeds inside. (Normal sized fruit usually have 6-8 seeds.) Maybe i will name them after you, just because you make me laugh! The only type of cigarettes i smoke are those candy types made for kids. HAHA

Oscar

Great Purple Caimito, thanks for sharing !

apresser

• USA, Hawaii, Haleiwa
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 27, 2015, 01:32:55 AM »

Oscar do you happen to sell these giant purple starapples to any buyers in Chinatown, Honolulu? I purchased a few baseball sized purple star apples there a few weeks ago that were almost totally purple (just a little green on top) and most of them only had 3 seeds, and one of the fruits only had 1 seed. Very sweet also and not a lot of latex in the peel.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #332 on: April 27, 2015, 05:24:29 AM »

Oscar do you happen to sell these giant purple starapples to any buyers in Chinatown, Honolulu? I purchased a few baseball sized purple star apples there a few weeks ago that were almost totally purple (just a little green on top) and most of them only had 3 seeds, and one of the fruits only had 1 seed. Very sweet also and not a lot of latex in the peel.

No, not mine. BTW mine aren't baseball shaped, not round, but elongated shape.
Oscar

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2015, 01:57:00 PM »
Hi Oscar, sent you pm regarding seed order.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2015, 05:09:59 AM »
I got the cuttings about ten days ago, wonderful packaging. I would also like to thank you for the gift.

BTW, Do i need to treat annona scleroderma seeds with Gibberellic acid ?.

Thanks again
Moh'd

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2015, 05:44:04 AM »
I got the cuttings about ten days ago, wonderful packaging. I would also like to thank you for the gift.

BTW, Do i need to treat annona scleroderma seeds with Gibberellic acid ?.

Thanks again

Glad you got everything ok. I've been able to start the scleroderma seeds without GA3, but some people on the forum expressed theirs started better with it. So i suggest if you have it to use it.
Oscar

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2015, 06:03:34 AM »
Thanks, Oscar.

Have a nice weekend
Moh'd

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »
Oscar,

being that you pretty much know all the stuff I already have...

do you have anything that you'd recommend for me to grow right now?

(either to plant out at my house for fruit, or to plant and resell as small seedlings for my nursery?)

you are really part of the foundation of my nursery...I got a bunch of pivotal plants from you!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2015, 11:31:23 PM »
Oscar,

(either to plant out at my house for fruit, or to plant and resell as small seedlings for my nursery?)

you are really part of the foundation of my nursery...I got a bunch of pivotal plants from you!

Adam, I don't really know everything you have planted. Can just guess from your posts. If you would like to send me a lit off group i'd be glad to look it over.  I'm sure you have a lot more knowledge about what sells well in your area, but i'd be glad to give you some suggestions if i can.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
Oscar,

Adam, I don't really know everything you have planted. Can just guess from your posts. If you would like to send me a lit off group i'd be glad to look it over.  I'm sure you have a lot more knowledge about what sells well in your area, but i'd be glad to give you some suggestions if i can.

Oscar, at this point just have eugenias, annonas, jabos, and garcinias....(mulberries, persimmons, black saps, white saps) campomanesia, loquat, and a few other random species that are somewhat common....

so anything other than these...

I'm basically looking for any suggestions from you....if you can think of anything that can handle about 25F (or close).

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2015, 12:51:35 AM »
Oscar,

Oscar, at this point just have eugenias, annonas, jabos, and garcinias....(mulberries, persimmons, black saps, white saps) campomanesia, loquat, and a few other random species that are somewhat common....

so anything other than these...

I'm basically looking for any suggestions from you....if you can think of anything that can handle about 25F (or close).

How about: Allspice, etrog, green sapote, kwai muk, lakoocha, dragon fruit, cold hardy ingas?
Given that you are skilled at grafting i think that doing cocktail trees would be profitable. Also you should continue to look for valuable seedling selections or cultivars and graft the lesser known fruits and sell improved cultivars, like i think you are doing already with cherry of rio grande, rollinia, and imbe. People really like trees that already have fruits hanging from them, or are going to fruit very soon. Americans are very impatient, don't want to wait for fruits. If you can sell established trees with fruits already on them you will do very well.
The great thing about doing plant sales is that you get lots of requests, can get a good pulse for what people are looking for, and you can tune into and focus on that in the beginning.
I think also it's very good to find a niche that nobody else is doing. You are already doing that with jaboticabas, and all their relatives. My guess is that as your business gets more established you can focus more on this specialization, or anything else that you really love to do. Success in business has a lot to do with how passionate you are about what you do. So in the end you have to focus on what you really like to work on.
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2015, 01:45:30 AM »
good suggestions!

lol i forgot I have several Kwai muk and a lakoocha from you already!

I need to just browse your website!  It's been a while!

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2015, 01:55:43 AM »
good suggestions!

Basically i think you are already doing all the right things. Just be  patient and know it takes a long time to build up a good clientele, just like with most other businesses. Do everything you can to develop your grafting skills. I think that will really help you a lot to succeed. I'm guessing soon you will be so busy you will have to hire employees to help you. Just don't let your work enslave you. Do other things that you enjoy doing, and remember to take days off and even some vacations. A very big threat in this business is total burnout!
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2015, 02:38:32 AM »
Good advice Oscar

To be honest I can barely keep up with demand!

im not hurting for business at all!  This year has been amazing so far.

The sad thing is, I don't see a vacation in my future for the next 5-10 yrs

And have no intentions of hiring any employees (to put on payroll), but definitely need to hire some help!!

good suggestions!

Basically i think you are already doing all the right things. Just be  patient and know it takes a long time to build up a good clientele, just like with most other businesses. Do everything you can to develop your grafting skills. I think that will really help you a lot to succeed. I'm guessing soon you will be so busy you will have to hire employees to help you. Just don't let your work enslave you. Do other things that you enjoy doing, and remember to take days off and even some vacations. A very big threat in this business is total burnout!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2015, 05:39:40 AM »
Oscar,

Adam,
I have never seen you taking about annona neosericea. All I know about this species it taste good.

Oscar, what's your opinion about this fruit ?.
Moh'd

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
Oscar,

Adam,
I have never seen you taking about annona neosericea. All I know about this species it taste good.

Oscar, what's your opinion about this fruit ?.

Have not tasted it yet.
Oscar

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2015, 11:28:13 AM »
Hi Oscar
when is the season of the jackfruits in Hawai? I am interested in the seeds of the Black Gold variety
Mike

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #347 on: June 30, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
Hi Oscar
when is the season of the jackfruits in Hawai? I am interested in the seeds of the Black Gold variety

Have Golden Nugget seeds right now.
Black Gold fruits hanging on trees right now. Should be ripe in 3-4 weeks.
Oscar

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »
Oscar
do you think you you will have the rambutan, longan and Black Gold seeds at the same time available because the  rambutan and longan are right now available?
Mike

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #349 on: July 01, 2015, 06:21:14 PM »
Oscar
do you think you you will have the rambutan, longan and Black Gold seeds at the same time available because the  rambutan and longan are right now available?
Longan yes. Rambutan probably, but not for sure.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk