Author Topic: Where to buy Dwarf Namwa and Raja Puri banana near Merritt Island FL?  (Read 1914 times)

chris1

• Brevard county, Florida zone 9b
    • View Profile
The title says it. I'm looking for one of each and I'm in Merritt Island FL. I made a trip down to Excalibur a couple weeks ago and they didn't have either one in stock. I have called a couple local places but no luck. If anyone has any leads on where I can get these that would be helpful. I looked at going bananas online but they don't take credit cards which to me is a disqualifier and also I can't always be home to wait for a delivery so I would like to buy local if possible. Thanks everyone!

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
The title says it. I'm looking for one of each and I'm in Merritt Island FL. I made a trip down to Excalibur a couple weeks ago and they didn't have either one in stock. I have called a couple local places but no luck. If anyone has any leads on where I can get these that would be helpful. I looked at going bananas online but they don't take credit cards which to me is a disqualifier and also I can't always be home to wait for a delivery so I would like to buy local if possible. Thanks everyone!

Going Bananas has been around for ages and are completely trustworthy.   No, they dont take credit cards but that should not disqualify them.  They can totally be trusted by sending a check.
- Rob

chris1

• View Profile
Rob thanks for the vote of confidence but it is a convenience thing also. It would take them 10 minutes to set up a PayPal and they could simply charge the extra 3%. I get that they are trustworthy and it's not like $20 is a big deal for a couple plants anyway but I would rather pick up somewhat locally but if I do order it would be some place that I can use a card or PayPal. Thanks for the comment.

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
I found some varieties I was looking for on Craigslist , sometimes homeowners sell excess pups.... Worth a look anyway.

chris1

• View Profile
Re: Where to buy Dwarf Namwa and Raja Puri banana near Merritt Island FL?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 07:17:13 AM »
Tony thanks. Craigslist is an excellent idea and I've already been looking into that option.

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 07:38:18 AM »
When buying from unknown/untrusted places, always have to be concerned with nematodes and the possibility you are not getting what you think you are...
- Rob

chris1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 07:40:56 AM »
Good point. Thanks. I didn't really find what I was looking for anyway on that search. I would much prefer a more trusted seller.

ofdsurfer

• Melbourne Beach FL 32951 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 08:47:26 AM »
Chris check your PM

Sapphos

• United States, Florida, Palm Bay, Border 9b/10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
Nick's Edibles brings things in from the Orlando area. You could join his FB group and ask about where he's sourcing from. I just checked his list and he's got dwarf nam wa. Also, there is someone up on Merritt Island who posts on CL a lot - he's a fruit tree seller and is located right on the island. I have a friend who's bought from him several times and has always gotten good plants.  Are you in the Brevard Fruit Club - they had one for raffle at last week's meeting  ::)