Author Topic: Bangkok Thailand Fruits and Buggies  (Read 715 times)

AlexTrees

• Davie, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Bangkok Thailand Fruits and Buggies
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Hi everyone! just want to share some photos my dad recently sent me from a local market in Bangkok, he is visiting a friend.  Maybe one day I’ll make the trip with my wife when our kids get a little older. Does anyone know if he is allowed to ship me any seeds?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:09:29 PM by AlexTrees »

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
Re: Bangkok Thailand Fruits and Buggies
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »
the problems you will likely have will be on the USA side.   Mafai is also in season if you are looking for seeds, Santol will soon be in season, and Mangoes all types are in season.  R2E2 is one of the best varieties on the market and often overlooked because Thai consumers shop for color and shape, so R2E2 is a bit cheaper than others, picked up a crate for 50/kg last week.  Papaya cultivars also should be looked into, Gaek Dam (many subtypes, all red flesh) and Holland (yellow flesh and large) being superior strains here, and true from seed.  If your father hits up the JJ market on the weekend he can pick up any sort of rhizome, seed, seedling, etc.. generally that plant market has everything there is to offer but marked up considerably.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk