Author Topic: SEEDS FOR SALE: 2 different varieties Baccaurea Motleyana & Sandoricum Koetjape  (Read 5012 times)

Maryoto

• WhatsApp +62 812 3688 1182
    • Borneo
    • View Profile
SEEDS FOR SALE:

1.Sandoricum Koetjape - Yellow variety (Red variety will coming soon,immature fruits)
- Synonyms: Azedarach edulis,Melia koetjape,Sandoricum domesticum,Sandoricum glaberrimum,Sandoricum harmandianum,Sandoricum harmandii,Sandoricum harmsianum,Sandoricum indicum,Sandoricum ledermannii,Sandoricum maingayi,Sandoricum nervosum,Sandoricum radiatum,Sandoricum serratum,Sandoricum ternatum,Sandoricum venosum,Sandoricum vidalii,Trichilia nervosa,Trichilia venosa
- Local names: Kecapi,Sentul,Ketuat,kechapi,Sentol,Santol,Wild mangosteen,Santor,Sotul,Bua apo,Kelampu,Kelampu bukit,Lalamun,Sinlol,Sintol,Terapu
- Taste: The taste like guava
- Price: $1 per one seed

2.Baccaurea Motleyana - 2 different varieties

- Local names: Rambai,Rambe
- Taste: Sweet taste with a slightly sour taste
- Price: $0.90 per one seed

1st VARIETY

2nd VARIETY
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 07:07:40 AM by Maryoto »

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Re: SEEDS FOR SALE: Sandoricum Koetjape(Kecapi)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:58:34 AM »
Baccaurea Motleyana will be added on Thursday

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
Re: SEEDS FOR SALE: Sandoricum Koetjape(Kecapi) and Baccaurea Motleyana(Rambai)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:32 AM »
I have long been confused by the red santol label and it was a long time before I found out it only referred to the colour ofthe old leaves before they fall.Most santols are therefore red.I have previously posted pix of several varieties including relative giants and the better known Manila and Bangkok varieties.These fruit vary a great deal in flesh yield,inner rind edibility and how swwet/sour they are.The difference between good and not so good is considerable.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 08:39:45 AM »
I have long been confused by the red santol label and it was a long time before I found out it only referred to the colour ofthe old leaves before they fall.Most santols are therefore red.I have previously posted pix of several varieties including relative giants and the better known Manila and Bangkok varieties.These fruit vary a great deal in flesh yield,inner rind edibility and how swwet/sour they are.The difference between good and not so good is considerable.
To my knowledge there are 2 varieties of santol in Indonesia, yellow and red.
My contact said,referred to the colour of the old leaves after they fall and dry.
But i'm a little confused...he said the red variety has purple fruit color.
He also have the red fruits but right now still unripe,he said it will ripe maybe 2-3 weeks.
But i will ask him to take the red fruit photos for me next week.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:13 PM »

As always, thanks for the informative comment.

I have never had a chance to try santol, so I was wondering How would you rank santol against purple mangosteen or Achacha ?.
Moh'd

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:26 PM »
EF santol is no mangosteen or even achacha.It may be argued that santol flesh is not unlike that of achacha but a little more gluey and clingy to the seed.There can be a similar 'sourness' but achacha is more pleasantly 'sprightly'.Santol is not in the ball park of mangosteen but the trees are magnificent especially when they get over about 100ft.

bangkok

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
purple mangosteen is far better.

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
EF santol is no mangosteen or even achacha.It may be argued that santol flesh is not unlike that of achacha but a little more gluey and clingy to the seed.There can be a similar 'sourness' but achacha is more pleasantly 'sprightly'.Santol is not in the ball park of mangosteen but the trees are magnificent especially when they get over about 100ft.

Thanks Mike.

One more question if you don't mind, Do you have any idea about the heat tolerance of Santol ?. I'm talking about 45C in summer.
Moh'd

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:35:02 PM »
Santol is pretty good. The flesh around the seeds is... well, scant. The flavor though comes across as Mangosteen. Then you can eat the rind, a dip in sea salt, like green mango. Of course the choice of fruit that's scant and fruit that's abundant, people would pick mangosteen.

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
2 different varieties if baccaurea motleyana added

Tropicaliste

• Washington D.C. Area, US 7a
    • View Profile
Will the Red Santol be ready in time for to order both 2 rambai fruit seeds and santol ...

Maryoto

• Borneo
    • View Profile
Will the Red Santol be ready in time for to order both 2 rambai fruit seeds and santol ...
I'm not sure,but i will ask my dad to check the red santol next week.
He's still at home right now and will be back to jakarta on monday or tuesday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk