Author Topic: Looking for Shiranui, Kishu, Pixie scions for trade in SoCal  (Read 3265 times)

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Looking for Shiranui, Kishu, Pixie scions for trade in SoCal
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:12:24 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for Shiranui, Pixie, Kishu and any other very sweet citrus scions to trade or buy. I live in San Diego and have the following to trade: Tango, Gold Nugget, Meyer Lemon, key Lime, Eureka Lemon, big Jim Loquat, pomegranate and a few other varieties of fruit trees. Thanks for your time!

Simon

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Shiranui, Kishu, Pixie scions for trade in SoCal
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 02:04:57 PM »
You can just order them from CCPP.UCR.EDU to be safe.

These days we're all wary of ACP, but there are other quarantines in place for longer than that. Tristeza will cause whole limbs to die off and is supposedly pretty widespread in the LA area.

I'm interested in the same varieties too. I budded kishu and Valentine 5 years ago and this should be the first year of getting fruit. It was in a pot for a long time. I like pixie a little more than gold nugget. Maybe it's a little earlier season? It always tasted sweeter at the same point in the year.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
Thanks for the information Fang, I would still rather get it locally as I have heard that there were too many requests from CCP so there is a backlog.

Fang, my Gold Nugget is young so I have been curing my fruit at room temp for 2-3 weeks and it mellows out the acidity and really brings out the sweetness.

Simon

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 11:53:31 PM »
That's likely true. I haven't ordered from CCPP for years and that was before all the ACP stuff got here.

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 12:17:23 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for Shiranui, Pixie, Kishu and any other very sweet citrus scions to trade or buy. I live in San Diego and have the following to trade: Tango, Gold Nugget, Meyer Lemon, key Lime, Eureka Lemon, big Jim Loquat, pomegranate and a few other varieties of fruit trees. Thanks for your time!

Simon
Simon, I have kishu, page, lee, nova, ponkan, ugli and valentine, not sure if Tahoe Gold and Tango are patented, but have those also. I can get others if you let me know the varieties.

Mark

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 01:27:21 AM »
Thanks for the information Fang, I would still rather get it locally as I have heard that there were too many requests from CCP so there is a backlog.

Fang, my Gold Nugget is young so I have been curing my fruit at room temp for 2-3 weeks and it mellows out the acidity and really brings out the sweetness.

Simon

Simon, I recently placed an order with CCPP for some mandarins. I ordered in mid-Feb and had it delivered the first week of March. Super fresh budwood too! Other than the cost of phytosanitary cert (which was steep relative to the size of the order - $50) it was a great experience.
- Mark

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 01:30:58 AM »
AZ requires the certificate? They don't trust CCPP?

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
AZ requires the certificate? They don't trust CCPP?

It has nothing to do with "trust".
- Rob