Author Topic: Germinating : Lemon Drop Mangosteen, Kokum, Theobromine Cacao, Grumichama, etc  (Read 1991 times)

alinamg

• USA, California, Sacramento USDA 9
    • View Profile
Hello, I just got in the following seeds how do you recommend germinating each one. Thank you
Theobroma Cacao
Lemon Drop Mangosteen
Kokum
Grumichama
Bilimbi
Green Star Apple
And Annona Glabra.

Thank you!

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
I like to get damp vermiculite and wring out excess water and put in plastic baggie.
Put grumichama seeds or any Eugenia seeds in the baggie and close baggie. Once the seeds
germinate then plant in appropriate size pot. The vermiculite doesn't produce mold and I have
germinated up to 15 or 20 seeds at once. Less space and less maintenance. I hate keeping 15
small pots wet with potting soil I usually end up keeping too wet
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:14:04 PM by achetadomestica »

alinamg

• View Profile
Best advice for Grumichama I have had so far I have tons of perlite which is similar siting around. Thanks

Schutzhund

• United States, Los Angeles, CA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
With Lemon Drop Mangosteen I just put them in a tall pot with coconut coir

alinamg

• View Profile
Aww man I am all out of coco coir. Just ran out! Do you recommend any othere soils? Thank you!

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
Pro Mix BX is my top choice. I add a bit of extra perlite on occasion, as well as bio char, bone meal, and cottonseed meal if the plants need a bit of extra acidity. Chris
-Chris

alinamg

• View Profile
I make everything from scratch but I will mix up a batch of my version of it. Thank you! 

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
Perlite is not a substitute for vermiculite! Use moist vermiculite for Kokum, Lemondrop mangosteen and grumichama.

baytropical

• Ca
    • View Profile
Hello everyone - Do you have any seeds or plant of Lemon Drop Mangosteen for sale? If not can you please refer somewhere that could ship to California?

Thank you much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk