Author Topic: grape vines  (Read 3425 times)

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
grape vines
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
Hi anyone care for large 15-20' grape vines you have to airlayer your self can have an instant shade house   FREE         Patrick

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: grape vines
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
I just got the email about your airlayer workshop. Is your vine running wild again? haha.

I hadn't think about doing this before, but now I'm going to airlayer my grape vines too. Family friends keep asking for the variety from me.
My jujube is airlayered so that hopefully it won't sucker so much. Too late for yours I guess. Nurseries like to use rootstocks that really like to make suckers.

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
large grape vines just grow so much faster, great if you want cover,  the jujube i do not let sucker so much any more after this year NO MORE i used to try to save them for the people who asked me for them but it got to be to much work for me , some never show up to get them some of them want me to grow-dig-pot and deliver. gets to be a bit much                 Patrick

chicomoralessxm

• Caribbean St. maarten zone 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »
hey is this patrick the loquat guy? lol

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 02:25:13 AM »
Hi Steve, yes it is, had to change my address after getting a new computer was not able to sign back in with old address,                            Regards      Patrick

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »
Home grown grapes taste great. I like to wait until they sweeten up and pick them just before they wrinkle or just when a few are wrinkled. Even then, the season in LA is pretty early. I think diamond muscat was mid-June and what I think is Niagara was late-June to mid-July. A San Diego friend's grapes were just starting to turn colors in mid-July.

buddy roo

• Spring Valley, Ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »
one fun thing you can do with long air layers 6'or so is to take 3-4-5-6 of them and braid them together they will fuse themselves together and will be self supporting .

usirius

• Never give up!
    • Southern Germany, 7b
    • View Profile
I have tasted this Grape variety after pruchasing one in a supermarket. This kind of "seefdless" grape show in reality  rudimentary grains. Impression is therefore littlebit more crispy by eating as when eat really seedless varieties. One has the a Little bit feeling that there must be bigger grains in the grapes, but during longer eating one feel that there are none, as a positive surprise. These grapes are sweet and the arome is a little bit like muskat grape varieties. The blue / black colour is only in the area of the Skin, In the inner area the Grapes are greenish. Enclosed are some Pictures of my test. -  Does anyone know nurseries which have this variety in stock or does anyone here have an idea where to get some budwood or some cuttings from this Grape vine? Thank you!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 02:32:19 PM by usirius »
„May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.“ N. Mandela

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 02:58:48 AM »
I have no idea where to purchase this cultivar, only that this Sugrasixteen cultivar was developed in California. Same guy that made the Cotton Candy grape. The latest patent was in 2001. How many years do patients last? It may be off patent.
https://patents.google.com/patent/USPP11749P2/en

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk