Author Topic: White jack fruit  (Read 2530 times)

posci35

• Malayu Peninsular
    • View Profile
White jack fruit
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:15:41 AM »
Hello, today I see white jack fruit in thai website, who could to share experience with white jack fruit that is true or lying story, thanks

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
Re: White jack fruit
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:53 AM »

posci35

• Malayu Peninsular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Thai seller is confirm it doesn't Marang

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »
Hello, today I see white jack fruit in thai website, who could to share experience with white jack fruit that is true or lying story, thanks

Ask them to produce a video of opening the fruit to show the white color.
If they are honest, they will do it.
Most likely they will have an excuse and delay but promise.
Liars count on trust and greed.
Trust but verify, never be greedy, something too good to be true usually is.

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is Marang as well, some sellers before actually had some pictures on their sales posts which included pictures of Marang.  When I pointed out that the fruit in the picture was Marang, they deleted the post.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 08:19:25 AM »

In the shop i saw this tree for sale, grafted...he said it is really white jackfruit.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
There are many many Thai fruit videos, almost anything and everyone has a cell phone but no one can show a white Jackfruit being opened. Maybe there is a reason why? If you really had such a thing, wouldn't you advertise by video?

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »
There are many many Thai fruit videos, almost anything and everyone has a cell phone but no one can show a white Jackfruit being opened. Maybe there is a reason why? If you really had such a thing, wouldn't you advertise by video?

You think our farmers can make video and have camera for that? And you think this new jackfruit can fruit in 3 month??

TropicalFruitHunters

• USA, Columbus, OH, xxxxx Zone 5b
    • View Profile
    • Tropical Fruit Hunters
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »
As far as we can tell, this jackfruit is real.  My wife translated the original post and apparently this farmer gambled and bought this one with high price. Believe that it’s an old variety.  He’s a farmer and never saw and taste this before.  He thinks it could be the first and only variety in the world with white flesh.

A rare fruiter from Thailand went on to get more confirmation:   it is a real one from the old un-popular variety thai jack. the fruit was difficult to sell because thai people rather choose yellow or red jack instead of pale white flesh that look un-ripe even the taste was tasty. thick sweet crunchy flesh.

So can only hope that one one of these guys purchased a grafted plant and positively confirm in a few years!  Will be interesting.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »
Yes the shop from picture sells grafted tree for 1000 baht....i did not buy one because it is jackfruit and we have many. 1000 is much so it must be special.

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 10:44:26 AM »
The Florida price of a standard 3 gallon grafted jackfruit tree is $35, which converts to 1115 baht. It is funny how color sometimes seems more important than taste in the things we eat. That being said, I would gladly add it to my collection.
Brandon