Author Topic: Cold tolerance study of 14 lychee cultivars - Anyone have access to ISHS?  (Read 2238 times)

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
http://www.actahort.org/books/863/863_39.htm

I'd be fascinated to know the findings of this Chinese study of lychees.

You have to be a member of the International Society for Horticultural Science or else articles cost $23 which I think is a rort...

Authors:     W.Q. She, X.H. Liu
Keywords:     Litchi chinensis, leaf cell tissue ratio, cold tolerance
DOI:     10.17660/ActaHortic.2010.863.39
Abstract:
The leaf cell structure and several physiological characteristics of 14 litchi (Litchi chinensis) cultivars were analyzed in this paper. The result showed that the cultivar with large leaf cell tissue ratio had strong cold resistance, reversely the cold resistance of cultivar with low leaf cell tissue ration was weak, therefore leaf cell tissue ratio may be taken as an index to detect cold tolerance of litchi; the contents of free proline, soluble sugar, and soluble protein, and the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD) that were positively correlated with the leaf cell tissue ratio, can reflect differences in cold tolerance among various litchi cultivars, therefore, they could effectively be used as methods to determine the cold resistance of cultivars.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:52:37 AM by Mango Stein »
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

Mango Stein

• Zone 7a
    • Schengen frontier
    • View Profile
Thanks to the anonymous poster who sent me a link.
The most cold tolerant in the study were: Yuanhong, Chenzi and Wuye.
Next came Nuomici, Huaizhi, Feizixiao, Midingxiang, Guiwei (Kwai May Pink/Red), and Sanyuehong.

There is one other article I'd like to get a snippet of information from, so if anyone has access to the journal please PM me.
Eugenia luschnathiana = CURUIRI.    Talisia esculenta = PITOMBA
I do not recommend people deal with Fruit Lovers, Prisca Mariya or Fernando Malpartida

Delvi83

• Italy
    • View Profile
    • Il Gusto della Natura
I read only the abstract (I can't open the full-article), it's very useful....more study should have been done, climate is changing and new zone could be suited to grow the right cultivars of Subtropical-plants :)

bradflorida

• Osprey, FL. Zone 10A.
    • View Profile
Brad

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
In the library section the rare fruit archives Australia may have more useful articles on lychee varieties and their cold tolerances.

Delvi83

• Italy
    • View Profile
    • Il Gusto della Natura
Thanks  :)

j_tropical

• USA, FL
    • View Profile
Apology for bumping old topic.
Anybody has any idea where to find tree/seeds of Yuanhong /Chenzi/ Wuye cultivars? (in Florida)
or any new other cultivars thats proven some what more cold tolerant than usual verities?
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk