Author Topic: ADMINISTRATORS - Wanted: Designated Forum for Domestic sales?  (Read 6725 times)

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
Re: ADMINISTRATORS - Wanted: Designated Forum for Domestic sales?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 06:42:21 AM »

It was just a couple days ago that I changed my location in protest.  Thanks for noticing.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 09:27:34 AM »
No doubt, No doubt. Finger always points over there, not right here.
This idea may not be gaining traction because it could be filed in the not necessary or particularly useful file. If a seller does not answer a question that is not already obvious or described in the post like location, freshness of material etc. that's a warning sign to buy from someone else. Most of the seller's here build up a good reputation, or not and are blown out of the water rather quickly.

Monkeyfish.... Your all for local's only & want a special link for only local's & want members to put where their country of origin is, but on your profile its just  " south of the river " Where in the world is that location ?????

I hope the idea tracks like a tank but i am just a riff raff who asked a vendor (who didn't use the latin name for his seeds) what the latin name was..pitomba for example is Talisia esculenta but can also be eugenia luschnatiania, that's why i asked and i didn't even want to buy his seeds since i have a big pitombatree myself.
I think it's very rude to not answer a good question because the questioner is not american....please split the forum asap.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »
Sunny, That can be very rude to not have questions answered . People can be rude from anywhere in the world. The rudest individual who never answers my questions is in California. This does not have anything to do with splitting the forum.

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
Just to be clear, I am not all for locals only and I do not want a special link for only locals, and I no longer even advocate for splitting the board.  I think it would be a convenience for all members to know at a glance the location of seeds being offered, without ever having to actually ask. A small icon column in front of the posts column would accomplish that quickly and effectively.

As far as not necessary or particularly useful, I strongly disagree. The first column that is there right now, with the little document icons, that truly isnot necessary or particularly useful, IMO, and if that column contained a country code instead, then that would be particularly useful, and not just to me, and not just to locals.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 08:16:43 PM »
Sunny, That can be very rude to not have questions answered . People can be rude from anywhere in the world. The rudest individual who never answers my questions is in California. This does not have anything to do with splitting the forum.

He did not answer my good question but only reply that he don't ship outside usa. So us riff raff from outside usa are not allowed to ask question.

And you are my rudest person to call all non-americans the riff raff on public INTERNATIONAL tropical fruit forum, you even no live in tropics.

monkeyfish

• tampa bay
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 09:19:33 PM »
Sunny, I think you should not be so offended by the term riff raff, first because he did not say that to you personally, but second because I think it is just what might be called exaggerated speach and should not be taken literally. Just like if I say that my new cigarette lighter is awesome or the traffic fine I got was brutal. So, torture techniques in the dark ages were brutal, traffic fines are not, and the great pyramid is awesome, but cigarette lighters are really not. Its just a manner of speaking and I'm sure it was not meant to be derogatory. Of course the man can speak for himself, but that is my take on it.

AS to your good question that did not seem to warrant a reply, I cannot defend that.

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 02:57:41 PM »
Right. The thread is now talking about having a display of the location (country) of the seeds/plants without having to click into the thread to see where the first poster's location is. I guess it's a non-issue for people with fast internet connnections, and a real issue for people with slow connections, arthritis, etc..

If it's easy to do it via the posting form, great! What I suggested was only a stop gap solution if we can't reach the admins or they are unwilling to do this. My other suggestion was fully-automated inserting the profile location in the post title. The serious sellers would not mess with customers by entering the wrong location.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
Sunny,
Your grasping at straws and finding something to be angry about , I wasn't dissing you . I explained the sitch multiple times .
I do even live in tropics nuff nuff so ya realllly dun know. Your also clueless on my feeling's regarding Americans, Internationals or anything else.

As I previously stated, When someone showed their ass to you directly by responding to your question of "why not buy a bigger pot" with "Duh, Money" , I defended the thing and you made clear you had no idea what was even going on there as well.
It could be lost in translation ,like you being the only person to ask Merriam-Webster-Oxford what "Riff Raff" means by definition so you could hang on to something to be pissed about. It exists in your mind.
Focus in your strength and powers and do a next positive thing.

Re: My Jackfruit Tree leaves look sickly.....
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 12:06:41 PM »
QuoteModify
Really ? You asked for suggestions for your doomed jackfruits and the one viable response to actually help you and you respond like a kook? No one knows that your not resourceful enough to find what you need for your project . Nor should anyone that is taking time to offer you advice to help you, be responded to like that , no doy fa real though.
Your jackfruits are already dead though so you can take your $2 pot back and save your money at least, or wear it like a hat.

Quote from: lixoten on December 14, 2017, 12:58:07 PM
Quote from: sunny on December 14, 2017, 04:31:41 AM
Why not buy a nice very big pot for him?

Duhhhhh..... Money
Modify message

Locals Only: Im familiar with this term. It no longer applies in real life with the internet exposing many former secret, local's only spots.
Local's only is a funny term to apply to the board, While the board can be Florida Centric during Mango season especially , There is no Locals only place because everyone is a Local wherever they are , and the board's "Home" is not specific to any location.

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
This thread is starting to derail. I am not picking on anyone in particular. The tone has changed from a discussion on the merits of ideas into something more adversarial.

Please keep it on topic or I will lock it.
- Mark