Author Topic: Where can I find a place that sells panama berry/Jamaican cherry/Muntingia  (Read 2230 times)

dmwong93

• Father Fruit
    • USA, Southern CA, Zone 10b, E. Anaheim
    • View Profile
Where can I find a place that sells panama berry/Jamaican cherry/Muntingia in Southern California? Thanks

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
i just bought them from ebay, from australia.

Oohh sorry, didn't read that you only want from USA....so you guys want to buy and sell only usa...okay now i will remember.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:09:06 PM by sunny »

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
I believe i bought mine from Plantogram. Check them out. Good luck- Chris
-Chris

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
It's easy to grow from cuttings -- I do it all the time, and will be moving to SoCal in a few months.  If you can wait, I'd be happy to give you one.

dmwong93

• Father Fruit
    • View Profile
It's easy to grow from cuttings -- I do it all the time, and will be moving to SoCal in a few months.  If you can wait, I'd be happy to give you one.

I can wait a few months till you arrive in SoCal and ill get some.

dmwong93

• Father Fruit
    • View Profile
Champa Nursery has them for sale. :D

OCchris1

• View Profile
There ya go! Mine are fruiting right now and I can't say they are that great. Its like a small blueberry filled with sand that taste  reminiscent of strawberry...to me. Pretty trees though...They are everywhere in S. Vietnam. Chris
-Chris

CGameProgrammer

• San Diego (10b)
    • View Profile
Exotica Nursery in Vista sells them. I bought one from them a few years ago and it grew absurdly quickly, though I had to kill it because its roots were really spreading out shallowly and messing with some nearby plants. It flowered and fruited a lot and the fruits were quite good, tiny (blueberry-sized) but good.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
There ya go! Mine are fruiting right now and I can't say they are that great. Its like a small blueberry filled with sand that taste  reminiscent of strawberry...to me. Pretty trees though...They are everywhere in S. Vietnam. Chris

Haha different tastes hey! There are a lot of fruit I am not super keen on but these are something I just can't get enough of!

barath

• Southern California, USDA Zone 10b
    • View Profile

They taste that way when they ripen in the winter in California from what I've seen, though maybe you've had enough heat for ripening -- summer ripened fruit, with enough water, picked when they are just ready to fall off the tree, taste pretty good to me.

OCchris1

• View Profile
Thats good to know Barath, I thought something like that may be at play. They are really beautiful trees and excellent growers, so I was a bit miffed at the first fruits. Thanks. Chris
-Chris

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
sun and water play on the tste.
too much water , or not enough sun will inhibit the sweetness.

the youtube fruit tast guy (i forgot his name)
says they taste like strawberry nesquick.

midsummer and fall are best here, unless we get too much rain.
i had 3 small ones last fall, pretty sure they are all dead now.
the large one i had (15ft) died last winter around 27F.

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
i had 3 small ones last fall, pretty sure they are all dead now.
the large one i had (15ft) died last winter around 27F.

[/quote]
My tree was 30F and burnt some leaves but is putting out new leaves and flowers.
Please let me know if the 15 footer comes back from the roots. I just planted a yellow fruited
one yesterday. I guess every year I will have to propagate back ups in case mine dies from cold?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk