Author Topic: what's the best contraption for shade and wind for trees under 10ft tall? ideas?  (Read 613 times)

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
i'm exploring a fast and easy way to shade or protect my trees from high winds.  The main tree I want to protect is my sweetheart lychee it's about 7ft tall now and just as wide.  I always lose a branch or two in high winds but nothing to bad this past year.  The last scrotcher toasted 40% of it's leaves thankfully no damage to the branches.   The best solution so for is those instant screenhouse but the height of those are only 7 and half feet tall.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Instant-Screenhouse-10-Feet/dp/B00339C3G4/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1533223513&sr=1-5&keywords=coleman+screenhouse&dpID=41757o0VRNL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

something like this.....but I will have to add 2 to 3 feet to the poles to increase the height....replace the roof with shad cloth

anybody have another better idea?

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
10ft T posts.  Put 4 of them in a square shape around it.  Then wrap row cover around it and put whatever level of shade cloth you want over the top.  The row cover will let in side light and block the wind and the shade cloth can be adjusted or removed to match conditions.
Brad Spaugh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk