Author Topic: Atemoya tree from Greenmart nursery  (Read 1573 times)

Mikey

• San Diego, ca
    • View Profile
Atemoya tree from Greenmart nursery
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:04:16 AM »
Last year I purchased this atemoya tree from 99 Ranch Supermarket in San Diego for $60 or $70.  It was from greenmart nursery and the nursery cannot tell me anythingabout it.  They can only tell me it is a Taiwan atemoya.  The leaves looks a little different from my AP and other atemoya.  It is very sweet, chewy, and my wife said it taste like a Vietnamese mang cua.  It lacks the aromatic aromas and complex sweet/sour flavoring of a good cherimoya.  It is very sweet and chewy.  If I let this get softer then it won’t get chewy.  I will give this an 8/10 because it lacks the fragrance and complex flavoring.  Overall, it is excellent and the price is too low for an excellent atemoya.  So if you see more trees at 99 Ranch Supermarket then I highly recommend buying. 

Seanny

• Garden Grove, Orange County, California, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Atemoya tree from Greenmart nursery
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:04:35 AM »
The fruits are pointy like the ones from Taiwan.

NewGen

• Zone 10a, Central Valley, CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:30:29 PM »
Greenmart nursery? Where is this nursery? I used to buy a bunch of plants from a nursery of the same name, in the city of Orange. That place closed down 2 years ago. I'm wondering if they moved to San Diego or just a name coincidence?

tspw88

• USA, CA, Irvine, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 12:44:12 AM »
Based on internet searches, Green Mart Nursery moved from Orange, CA to Norco, CA (Inland Empire, off the I-15).  Looks like they kept their telephone number 714-637-2060.  Just bought a Ylang Ylang tree (5 gallon, app. 5 feet tall, for $49) from the 99 Ranch market off on Jeffrey & Walnut in Irvine, CA, and all the plants at the market were from Green Mart with the 714 telephone number printed on the tags.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:52:31 AM by tspw88 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk