Author Topic: Looking for 'Buah Mesta' Mangosteen seeds from Malaysia  (Read 2222 times)

thaitropics

• Thailand Bangkok
    • View Profile
Looking for 'Buah Mesta' Mangosteen seeds from Malaysia
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Anyone can help me find these would be very grateful.

thanks

sunan

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for 'Buah Mesta' Mangosteen seeds from Malaysia
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »
Don't get it on eBay or from anyone name Dongerino "Borneo Fruits and seeds" or something like that, can't remember the correct name at the moment. But, I bought 6 seeds from him on eBay, from Singapore, earlier this March. I paid $51 usd, for 6 dead seeds on arrival. He said he would replace my order for free with something of equal/lesser value of my choice. But, multiple emails,and no response. He also gave false information on the fruit, as if any garcinia mangostana can be grown in zone 9 and fruit at 2 years old from seeds? Moral of the story, don't buy any tropical fruit seeds online that is not long lived and can't be dry for traveling. And most importantly, don't buy online, if you can't see the items personally. But, you might be luckier, since Thailand is closer than the USA.

thaitropics

• Thailand Bangkok
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
Many thanks for the advice I will be careful.

Sunan

Mike T

• Zone 12a
  • Cairns,Nth Qld, Australia
    • Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Sunan, you will need a Malaysian source that is reliable. In Thailand there seems to be little variation in the mangosteens grown.Indonesia and Malaysia is where the diversity seems to be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk