Author Topic: Wanted: Mail Order Fruits  (Read 5502 times)

Droshi

• Raleigh NC - USDA Zone 7b
    • View Profile
Wanted: Mail Order Fruits
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
Hi all, family is coming into town from all over the world over the next month. They are fruit lovers, so want to get some fruit for them. If anyone knows of places that have ripe fruit they are shipping now or in the next 1-2 weeks I'm interested! Or any back-yard growers willing to part please contact as well!

They are from India and Malaysia, so nearly any fruit goes! (Can Durian be mailed into the US? I would guess even without the seeds and with dry ice it wouldn't make it...but if anyone has experience let me know, they might be able to ask someone to mail from Malaysia).

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Mail Order Fruits
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
I can get you jujube fruits. My mom has a few large trees loaded with fruits. When do you need them? I think they are one of the most common kind the "li" jujube. If interested let me know.

Seng

eduardo_98

• USA, Florida, Tampa, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
you can always go to an Asian market, they always have some exotic fruits

Droshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
you can always go to an Asian market, they always have some exotic fruits

Yeah I'll be doing that. We can get a few things here, but it's just random. I'm hoping they'll still have some good stuff.

Thanks for the offer thao...the jujube's I've had so far have been like a bland apple...any differences for yours? :) Maybe they just aren't my favorite! But I'll keep in mind depending on what else comes up.

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
They taste sweet to me. But sweetness can be subjective to each individual. I know, I can send you a small sample tomorrow and you can decide if you like them. Don't worry, this sample is on me, taste it and you can decide if you would like a larger quantity for your visiting family next week. What my mom likes to do with her bland tasteless and left over farmer's market jujube from the day, is steam till they are squishy soft, then they get even sweeter and taste just like apple sauce. You can freeze them and store them for quite a while and when defrosted, would still taste just as fresh, when they were freshly steam. Pm your contact info, I forgot your info from last time.
Here's some pictures, I'm not exactly sure if they are actual "li" / "lang" or what ever variety, as they are round and large size.

It's about half the size of the plum, so it's quite large and mostly likely to be "LI"

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:34:39 PM by thao »

DurianisaDrug

• Fruitarian
  • Me encantan las frutas dulces
    • Ecuador
    • View Profile
    • www.terrafruta.org
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:45 PM »
Here is my collection of mail order fruit providers, I included video reviews of the top ones.

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:44:04 PM »
Here is my collection of mail order fruit providers, I included video reviews of the top ones.

What a tease...

Droshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 01:23:46 AM »

What a tease...

Lol, thought something was just wrong with my tablet...

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 01:48:16 AM »
Dorshi,

Did you get the fruits I sent you? How were they compare to the ones, you tasted before?

Droshi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »
Dorshi,

Did you get the fruits I sent you? How were they compare to the ones, you tasted before?

I haven't gotten yet, was busy at work, but my wife has been home... Not site what happened, maybe they are still otw?

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 02:42:19 AM »
Wow, really, I sent them last Friday. If you don't get them, they must have mistaken the address some how. I wrote the correct address from the one, you gave me. If you happen to get them by chance, by tomorrow, they will most likely have dried up quite a bit and turn quite red/brown and ripe. But, you can steam them, like I mention, and they will be very sweet that way too. I'm really sorry, I really wanted you to try them, as I sent them kinda green. And that's when they have a more sweet crunchy taste and I think it's better that way, than reddish ripe ones.

The Tracking # I sent you, seems to be wrong also, I checked it and no status for your item found. Don't know what I was doing, I must've made a typo in the #, given to you.
I also tossed the receipt, after, I gave you the #, so I can't confirm, the typo, I made. Again, I'm really sorry.

Don't worry, next summer, I'll send you some, to try again.

Seng

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »
Wow, really, I sent them last Friday. If you don't get them, they must have mistaken the address some how. I wrote the correct address from the one, you gave me. If you happen to get them by chance, by tomorrow, they will most likely have dried up quite a bit and turn quite red/brown and ripe. But, you can steam them, like I mention, and they will be very sweet that way too. I'm really sorry, I really wanted you to try them, as I sent them kinda green. And that's when they have a more sweet crunchy taste and I think it's better that way, than reddish ripe ones.

The Tracking # I sent you, seems to be wrong also, I checked it and no status for your item found. Don't know what I was doing, I must've made a typo in the #, given to you.
I also tossed the receipt, after, I gave you the #, so I can't confirm, the typo, I made. Again, I'm really sorry.

Seng

It's easy to mix up the USPS tracking numbers cause they're so long, so what I always do is take a pic of the receipt with the tracking number as soon as I get it and then I email it to the person. That avoids me having to type it out and possibly making a mistake.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 11:23:43 AM »
Ship online. Cheaper and you'll never lose the tracking number because they email it to you.

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »

Seng

It's easy to mix up the USPS tracking numbers cause they're so long, so what I always do is take a pic of the receipt with the tracking number as soon as I get it and then I email it to the person. That avoids me having to type it out and possibly making a mistake.
Ship online. Cheaper and you'll never lose the tracking number because they email it to you.

Thanks Sheehan and Alex! I'll keep both your advice in mind for next time, I ship anything.

Droshi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 01:33:35 AM »

Seng

No problem! I appreciate the attempt anyway. We've had some site bought rambutan and persimmon, both were great, going we can find more. If only it was cherry season!

Droshi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 12:46:19 PM »
I just got them this morning! Must have gotten temporarily lost. But they are still crispy and nice. Sweet like you say and taste like the big green guava. Wife's family is enjoying. Thanks again!

thao

• WI zone 5b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 06:35:20 PM »
YAY! thought, you weren't going to get to try them until next year. Really glad you got them. Sometimes, USPS make mistake, but, really a week long, when it should have been only 2-3 days. The pleasure is all mine. If you want budwood, I can send you some next spring or when ever it's jujube grafting season.

DurianisaDrug

• Fruitarian
  • Me encantan las frutas dulces
    • Ecuador
    • View Profile
    • www.terrafruta.org
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »

What a tease...

sorry I thoguth I got the link in there let me try again.. hope it isnt against so e rules I missed and got removed, I doubt it here is try 2 lol http://www.herbalhealtheducation.com/welcome.php

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk