Author Topic: Wanted Saba senegalensis ( Madd, Kabaa ) seeds !  (Read 14987 times)

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

senegal

• usa
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted Saba senegalensis ( Madd, Kabaa ) seeds !
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »
looking to speak with COCONUT - Hero Member - trying to see how I can grow MADD  please.  I am in south florida.  thank you.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 03:06:07 AM »
Looking good - I have 20 something Saba comorensis seedlings coming up.
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »
Landolphia kirkii Dyer "Mourad"
Landolphia kirkii Dyer "Mourad" @ eight months.😇
very slow but now picking up; survived my notorious flood, drought & fireants test plus starting to suckers.

Landolphia comorensis "Mourad

six months very agressive growth, I need to repot them soon.😬

Landolphia comorensis "Soren Large fruit small seeds"

about four months

Landolphia Senegalensis "Fimela"
four months.

Growth & germinate in 30% Shade, fried died in full sun for me. After 8 months grow faster in 90% sunlight with ample moisture but no wet feet.😄

As-salamu alaykum Senegal, PM me if you have specific questions otherwise search for any of landolphia mentions at site for previous post on the issues.😃
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:45:01 AM by Coconut »
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
Thanks for the photos Coconut, looks like you got great breeding material to work with. Any info on how well the plants do with the cooler temps? (I assume some seedlings are going to get a trial of this soon)
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:02 AM »
Thanks for the photos Coconut, looks like you got great breeding material to work with. Any info on how well the plants do with the cooler temps? (I assume some seedlings are going to get a trial of this soon)

Steve I Cant wait to see some snow this year in Boca, see how many survivors of 2010 will make it through what look to be a blizzard year; payback for no Hurricane this year.😱💦💭 the truth to the matter is they seem to thrive in this cooler time more vegetative growth than seedlings started during the hottest time.  Whether a freeze remain to be seen, threw a plant in my friend walk in freezer for 15 minutes & they frooze to potting line, plant eventually shoot new growth from under the soil line-there hope for them for more challenging part of the sub-tropic.😃🌲🌲🌵

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2014, 01:25:43 AM »
very slow but now picking up; survived my notorious flood, drought & fireants test plus starting to suckers.

about four months

four months.

Growth & germinate in 30% Shade, fried died in full sun for me. After 8 months grow faster in 90% sunlight with ample moisture but no wet feet.😄

As-salamu alaykum Senegal, PM me if you have specific questions otherwise search for any of landolphia mentions at site for previous post on the issues.😃

Nice collection!

btw: it looks like seeds of willughbeia sawarakensis I bought from seller from this forum ended rotten, so maybe next time  :'(

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2014, 02:40:58 AM »

btw: it looks like seeds of willughbeia sawarakensis I bought from seller from this forum ended rotten, so maybe next time  :'(

Sorry to hear that.  All the seeds I bought from that seller have been garbage.

John

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2014, 03:38:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing; any noticeable differences between the different ecotypes of S. comorensis at this stage - germination rate, leaf-shapes, speed of growths etc.
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »

about four months

four months.

Nice collection!

Yes my rotted too! Seem they better off leaving the protected coating on unlike Landolphia which does not matter either way!🌰

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 08:18:30 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  All the seeds I bought from that seller have been garbage.

John
Sorry to hear that we have a common experience on willughbeia, I rest my high hope on Durianlover to come through for us willughbeiafanatic in the coming year.😭🙏

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing; any noticeable differences between the different ecotypes of S. comorensis at this stage - germination rate, leaf-shapes, speed of growths etc.

Soren the landolphia comorensis "Mourad" seedlings germination was 100%, shoot sprout display red

The Landolphia comorensis "small seed large fruit" had a 90 % germination, both are the most aggressive growth during juvenile phase and not attack by cutworm like dyer kirkii & senegalensis. Mourad's seeds are larger than your Soren and they both display similar resilient growth and take my abuse of moving them around to find what they like.  They like partial shade but after the second leave mature green I move them to more Sunlight gradually and they seem to takeoff. ⛅️ In more sun they grow bushy bramble like with multiple suckers.☀️ In full shade they display more of a vinny liana characteristic ready to climb up a tree.☔️🌿🌴

shafak

• India, Chennai 13°N 80°E Köppen: Aw Elevation 6 m (20 ft)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 06:22:20 AM »
Any update on this plant, Radoslav?  Thank you.

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2018, 09:23:14 AM »

Soren the landolphia comorensis "Mourad" seedlings germination was 100%, shoot sprout display red

The Landolphia comorensis "small seed large fruit" had a 90 % germination, both are the most aggressive growth during juvenile phase and not attack by cutworm like dyer kirkii & senegalensis. Mourad's seeds are larger than your Soren and they both display similar resilient growth and take my abuse of moving them around to find what they like.  They like partial shade but after the second leave mature green I move them to more Sunlight gradually and they seem to takeoff. ⛅️ In more sun they grow bushy bramble like with multiple suckers.☀️ In full shade they display more of a vinny liana characteristic ready to climb up a tree.☔️🌿🌴

An update on the vines?
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk