Author Topic: Selling new rare jaboticabas, Annonas, Myrtaceae, delicious rainforest species!  (Read 172727 times)

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
I am very interested to buy Graviola de montaña seeds, the yellow flesh one.
The Biriba looks interesting too.
Anything available?
How easy is it to germinate and how many years to bear fruit from seed?

Thanks!

huertasurbanas

• Junín, Argentina, zone 9b/9a
    • View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I am very interested to buy Graviola de montaña seeds, the yellow flesh one.
The Biriba looks interesting too.
Anything available?
How easy is it to germinate and how many years to bear fruit from seed?

Thanks!

Hi, yes I have

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

Just a few Biribá left.

to germinate, it is better to sand a little and then soak for 2 days, then sow in a good substrate, maintain humidity and heat and wait between 1 to 3 months.

3 to 5 years to fruit

Cheers

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
pacuri and pereskia
« Reply #552 on: August 08, 2020, 04:06:18 AM »
i tracked today and got this:
2020-06-10 22:12 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES, LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO

2020-06-10 13:14 CTP MERCEDES, EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN

2020-06-09 23:29 CTP MERCEDES, LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO

2020-06-09 14:17 JUNIN, EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN

2020-06-09 13:54 JUNIN, INGRESO AL CORREO

So what does this mean? is the packet still in Argentina? since 10 of June? If so, i don't have hope to get it in Greece this year, and i weep for the $61 and all the trouble i had to send the payment. And sadly i must abandon the plan to have Graviola montana seeds next year.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: pacuri and pereskia
« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:58 AM »
i tracked today and got this:
2020-06-10 22:12 CTP CPI-BUENOS AIRES, LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO

2020-06-10 13:14 CTP MERCEDES, EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN

2020-06-09 23:29 CTP MERCEDES, LLEGADA AL CENTRO DE PROCESAMIENTO

2020-06-09 14:17 JUNIN, EN PROCESO DE CLASIFICACIÓN

2020-06-09 13:54 JUNIN, INGRESO AL CORREO

So what does this mean? is the packet still in Argentina?

Packages are traveling to Europe very fine, for instance:

https://t.17track.net/en?fbclid=IwAR3aUv8ORQ_zufOkJ75TCz70KdXj2v8vOsDeiEDNlexFERV2WXN9CCMaU3c#nums=RR626398467AR

I suggest to wait 1 more month and I will send again by then.

Regards

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
pacuri and pereskia
« Reply #554 on: August 12, 2020, 08:26:00 AM »
i tracked again a minute ago and got the same result, packet still in Argentina! O.k., i shall wait a month until about the middle of September. If then you can send again, it will be alright. But if there is no availability at that time, or if the time has gone too late for planting, you may send the same next spring.

By the way i want to ask you, you mention "dry seeds" and "wet seeds", what is exactly the difference? The pacuri seeds you are going to send, are they "dry seeds" or "wet seeds"? And the Graviola montana seeds you have, are they "dry" or "wet"?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: pacuri and pereskia
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2020, 07:19:14 PM »
i tracked again a minute ago and got the same result, packet still in Argentina! O.k., i shall wait a month until about the middle of September. If then you can send again, it will be alright. But if there is no availability at that time, or if the time has gone too late for planting, you may send the same next spring.

By the way i want to ask you, you mention "dry seeds" and "wet seeds", what is exactly the difference? The pacuri seeds you are going to send, are they "dry seeds" or "wet seeds"? And the Graviola montana seeds you have, are they "dry" or "wet"?

Hi, I am testing another route: first to Italy and from there to any place, so stay tunned. Wet seeds are species that need to be preserved wet. Dry seeds are from species that can last for 1 to 2 years dry, as for instance Psidium and many Annonas.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
On stock now! the Psidium collection pack, many rare and ultra-rare Psidium species, very tasty fruits, hardy species, easy to grow.

USD 90 including shipping cost. By the way: shippings to USA, Australia and maybe other countries have extra cost (USD 10) due to Covid19 (we need to send first to Italy and then to other countries). Shipping ok to Europe and Asia.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
My advice:

Psidium collection (11 varieties/species), USD 90, +:
Arazá pera, 4cm fruits   Psidium sp.   -5ºC   8
Arazá-banana   Psidium sp.   -6ºC   8
Tropical guava: branca Brazil   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4
Tropical guava: peruvian yellow/pink (late season)   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4

Total USD 114, with free shipping.

Special offer: USD 100, with free shipping!

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
My advice:

Psidium collection (11 varieties/species), USD 90, +:
Arazá pera, 4cm fruits   Psidium sp.   -5ºC   8
Arazá-banana   Psidium sp.   -6ºC   8
Tropical guava: branca Brazil   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4
Tropical guava: peruvian yellow/pink (late season)   Psidium guajava   -4ºC   4

Total USD 114, with free shipping.

Special offer: USD 100, with free shipping!

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
I see you have a new Annona montana.
How does that compare to the other?

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Hi, believe it or not, jaboticabas and pitangas are starting to show at Misiones!

Red Eugenia uniflora, small sweet fruit, native
Rare native Black jaboticaba, 2cm diam. sweet fruit, small leaves.

Both from Eldorado, Misiones:

Red pitanga seeds, Eugenia uniflora:

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I was hoping to have the first Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón by oct 10 but the climate made them start ripening now at Misiones! So next week I will have a bunch of them to eat, make icecreams and sell seeds, see:

* (22 sep 2020). Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón (Plinia sp.) Oct 19, 2019 harvest!. Wavy elongated leaves. Fruits are 3cm diameter, very good sweet taste (It has tones of maraschino cherries). This kind of jaboticabas use to grow faster than sabará and other species, they resist at least -5º or -6ºC frosts (21º F) I tested 5 feet tall trees at my parents weekend house in the last winter at -6ºC (21º F). The mother tree is 25 years old and started bearing at just 5 years old at Misiones!, (that's what the collector said, they take special care of the tree because its early bearing feature)

5 seeds USD 18 | 10  seeds USD 32 | 12  seeds USD 39 | 20  seeds USD 60 | 30  seeds USD 85 | 40  seeds USD 110 | 80  seeds USD 190 | 100 seeds USD 230 | 160  seeds USD 300 | 200  seeds USD 360

No problems with shippings to Europe and Asia, but maybe still having problems to USA, anyway this month and by the next one there will be a lot of flights to USA and other countries and we are hoping that thing will get normal... Besides that, I can try to send to USA via Europe too, so please PM me, cheers.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
I am working to be able to get phytosanitary certificates, in that case, shipping should be via DHL or Fedex.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
Pereskia and pacuri !
« Reply #568 on: September 19, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
Hi! we are near to September 23 when the Autumn formally starts here, and there is no hope to get that packet with Pereskia and Pacuri which you sent on the 9th of June this year. Probably something happened and it was lost in the post office. Even if it arrives in September, autumn is not proper time to plant such plants, because if they take root now, then they will undergo the winter while they are very tender.
Either i have been unlucky (anyway this whole year has been very unlucky in many ways), or, as the proverb says "any impediment is for the better".
So what can we do now? Please consider sending something worth the USD 61 when spring comes again, about April of 2021. It does not necessarily have to be Pereskia and Pacuri, it will be fine if you send me seedlings or seeds for Annonas (especially that Annona montana with the yellow fruit) or big-fruited Inga or anything that is reasonably hardy and gives good harvests.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Re: Pereskia and pacuri !
« Reply #570 on: September 20, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
Hi! we are near to September 23 when the Autumn formally starts here, and there is no hope to get that packet with Pereskia and Pacuri which you sent on the 9th of June this year. Probably something happened and it was lost in the post office. Even if it arrives in September, autumn is not proper time to plant such plants, because if they take root now, then they will undergo the winter while they are very tender.
Either i have been unlucky (anyway this whole year has been very unlucky in many ways), or, as the proverb says "any impediment is for the better".
So what can we do now? Please consider sending something worth the USD 61 when spring comes again, about April of 2021. It does not necessarily have to be Pereskia and Pacuri, it will be fine if you send me seedlings or seeds for Annonas (especially that Annona montana with the yellow fruit) or big-fruited Inga or anything that is reasonably hardy and gives good harvests.

Hi, it is safer to send dry seeds now, PM me, I will send soon if you want to. This year was very difficult, but shippings are getting better and better,
By the way: you could grow the pereskia cuttings indoors too.
regards

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
The procedures to send the phytosanitary certificate are going well, they have registered several species for the USA and now for NZ.

Acca sellowiana
Myrcianthes pungens
Plinia jaboticaba
Plinia rivularis
Eugenia uniflora
Eugenia pyriformis
Eugenia involucrata
Eugenia myrcianthes
Solanum betaceum
Psidium guineense
Psidium cattleianum
Psidium guajava
Campomanesia guazumifolia
Campomanesia xanthocarpa
Acanthosyris spinescens
Annona neolaurifolia
Annona sylvatica
Annona montana
Salpichroa origanifolia
Zizipus mistol
Celtis tala
Condalia buxifolia
Prosopis alba
Jacaratia spinosa
Inga laurina
Garcinia brasilensis

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Jaboticaba de Campo Ramón is here! Juicy sweet pulp, video review soon! Fruits up to 3cm diam

I will be eating and doing icecreams, etc.

huertasurbanas

• View Profile
    • huertasurbanas
Cleaning a lot of seeds, I should be sending the first packages with jaboticaba by friday, but maybe by the next week: going slower but better cleaning method.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
Pereskia and Pacurí arrived !!!
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
Yesterday 23 of September i received the Pereskia scions and Pacurí seeds which you sent on the 9 of June. This means they traveled 3 months and 14 days (and that during hot summer). The Pereskia scions look like rose bush cuttings, there is hardly any root on them, i put them in water to remove the paper wrapping gently and then immediately planted them, they are still green, probably alive.
The 5 pacurí seeds seem to be dead; one of them had a white root already emerging about one cm, but the other side with the leaflets is dry; i put that one in the earth with some plant hormone to help it take root in the place where i mean to set it; of the other four, one had a root but that root was dry, the other 3 seem to be bulging with something trying to go out as a root, but they are all black and seem dry and dead. They were well packed indeed, but they obviously did not endure the delay.
These are the news about them, if any of those grows i shall let you know.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:32:08 AM by Giannhs »