Author Topic: Mangoes purchased from neighbors  (Read 1782 times)

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
Mangoes purchased from neighbors
« on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:39 AM »
Been seeing some mangoes for sale in my neighborhood. I like to drive around and see what I find. Purchased two mangoes of this one variety that I’m not familiar with. Pretty good mango tasted quite peachy nice size too. Does anyone recognize variety I have one left that’s still ripening will get more pics when I cut into that one. House where I bought from no one was there for me to ask. I just left money and took mangoes.

puglvr1

• USA, Central, FL xxxxx, Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Mangoes purchased from neighbors
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »

I'll take a guess, Haden? Looks yummy!!!

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »
Definitely not Haden. Haden’s I’ve seen are shinier color if that makes sense. this one was a bigger mango also  more  like dull color like a matte yellow maybe like a Pickering mango color. more of a peachy flavor. It was yummy had some fibers but taste was good I’ll know more on the second one I’ll let it ripen more than first.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:03:36 PM by Tiberivs »

TnTrobbie

• runs with pruners
  • ZonePusher has a spot for that.
    • 10b + 9b FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:34:05 PM »
Dosent look like Haden to me either. I've been enjoying some random seedlings mangoes picked in the Coral Gables area that my co-worker has been giving me. Thought very fibrous, they have been very sweet with that classic mango flavor- and seemingly bullet proof to anthrac spots. Sad to say even killing some bland Pickerings I've been having from my pampered tree in Broward this season. I wish there was a way to have a Mango Seedling competition.
The Earth laughs in flowers. And bear gifts through fruits.
No where to plant it ...but at least I got it. ;)
F*ck squirrels and deers

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:41:44 AM »
Dosent look like Haden to me either. I've been enjoying some random seedlings mangoes picked in the Coral Gables area that my co-worker has been giving me. Thought very fibrous, they have been very sweet with that classic mango flavor- and seemingly bullet proof to anthrac spots. Sad to say even killing some bland Pickerings I've been having from my pampered tree in Broward this season. I wish there was a way to have a Mango Seedling competition.

Yes seedling competition that would be great. My parents super old Haden tree’s season is almost over, besides the jelly seed when you pick fruit right they are amazing not only in looks but in taste.

So looking for other sources now since my parents tree is out, my trees are too young, and Lemon zest only tree with fruit is still not ripe. So I’ve been buying from neighbors, have my eye on one who sells Valencia prides from what has to be the biggest tree I’ve seen, but they aren’t ripe yet.

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 07:47:15 AM »
Lemon zest tree on right.

Jani

• Miramar, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:50:46 PM »

Yes seedling competition that would be great. My parents super old Haden tree’s season is almost over, besides the jelly seed when you pick fruit right they are amazing not only in looks but in taste.

So looking for other sources now since my parents tree is out, my trees are too young, and Lemon zest only tree with fruit is still not ripe. So I’ve been buying from neighbors, have my eye on one who sells Valencia prides from what has to be the biggest tree I’ve seen, but they aren’t ripe yet.

Nice backsplash
always longing for a JA Julie

Tiberivs

• Miami Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk