Author Topic: Selling soon: Eugenia sp seeds  (Read 4384 times)

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
Selling soon: Eugenia sp seeds
« on: August 23, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
Hi myrtaceaeholics,
I'm in contact with friends who have access to trees of this species. We are monitoring the fruits development and probably I will have available seeds in a few weeks. In general, the fruit has an acidic flavor, but there are some variety of trees that produce slightly acidic fruits , even having reports of people who describe it with a slightly sweet taste.

Also some pictures of my seedlings of seeds that my friend brought to me last year.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:13:53 PM by guidelazeri »

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
Re: Selling soon: Eugenia cf. patrisii seeds
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:22:23 PM »
Interested in patrissi seeds, but this fruit seems much different from what I have seen in other pictures (the one i"ve seen is larger and brighter red in coloration).

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:43:38 PM »
This is not Eugenia patrisii, this species is still unknown, a species that must be compared (cf.) to patrisii because it has similar characteristics.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 05:26:34 AM »
This is not Eugenia patrisii, this species is still unknown, a species that must be compared (cf.) to patrisii because it has similar characteristics.

ok. gotcha.  is there any feedback from your colleagues on growth habit, growing conditions, etc?

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:02 AM »
In the region where the species is native the minimum temperatures in the coldest month of the year are between 15-20°C.
In the region where I live the minimum temperatures in the coldest month of the year are between 10-15°C and the 4 seedlings I have endured without problems kept outdoor.

I still have no news of people who have produced seedlings of this species.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:11:15 AM by guidelazeri »

Mo-plant-passionate

• 70193 germany
    • View Profile
    • Mo-plant-passionate
Re: Selling soon: Eugenia sp seeds
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 04:07:34 AM »
Hello dear friend,

Any seeds available ?

Thank you in advance

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 08:28:13 PM »
Hi, unfortunately it's not possible to send seeds from Brazil to abroad since march 2018. Customs is returning all packages to sender.

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 01:37:55 AM »
Hi, unfortunately it's not possible to send seeds from Brazil to abroad since march 2018. Customs is returning all packages to sender.
That is very true. last year my package was twice returned to sender and i had problem to get my money back. Finally i got the paymant back due to paypal.
Mike

Ataman

• I'm fruit lover. I try to grow every type of fruit
    • Hungary, Zone 6b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 04:56:45 AM »
Hi,I heard this,that it's impossible to order seeds from Brazil. But last year I can bought seeds from Brazil. They arrived in Good condition in one month. I bought in October.

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »
Hi,I heard this,that it's impossible to order seeds from Brazil. But last year I can bought seeds from Brazil. They arrived in Good condition in one month. I bought in October.
There was a short period (September-October) when the customs were loose. I believe it was due to the period of the presidential election. Now it's not working.