Author Topic: From L.A. - late fall Mimosa Purchases....  (Read 8893 times)

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: From L.A. - late fall Mimosa Purchases....
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
Pine actually charges $55 for California. But why TT doesn't charge for this phyto? Or do they in a cloaked way?

Also, I find LA Mimosa (the original) to be Ok and serious, but not the other Mimosa in Anaheim.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:28:14 PM by kh0110 »
Thera

Felipe

• Global Moderator
    • Canary Islands, Spain - 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »
Mango perrito, expensive but very nice looking plants. Take care of your new babys ;)

I also hate to cut down plants, but at least you are not removing but replacing ;) I think for those old oleander you will need TNT my friend...  ;D

BTW, I like oleander (from the distance), because they are happy were other ornamentals won´t grow.. the take drought, lack of nutrients, high ph...

JF

• North OC California Zone 10B/America Tropical 13A
    • 90631/97000
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 09:20:29 PM »

Zands, wrong!! according to laissez faire principle higher prices should encourage more suppliers in this case but as MangoSage pointed out the state of California has a greater incentive to protect our "multi-billion dollar agriculture business" rather than accommodate a bunch greedy out of state nurseries whose only incentive is to engage in profit maximization....I think you better stick to plants and leave politics alone.

If you think California is unfairly restrictive to Pine Island Nursery sending 10 mango trees to a California buyer then this $49 phyto-sanitary permit (per tree?) amounts to a de facto tariff. The US Constitution eliminates all tariffs and imposts between the states in order to foster free trade and a  "more perfect Union". You can make a case that California is violating this. Free trade is a pillar of the capitalism of today. As capitalism is taught in out universities today. But in the year 1900 a student was taught that tariffs did indeed have a place in capitalism. The first Federal income tax was in 1913. Prior to this the major sources of income to the Federal Treasury were tariffs on foreign goods plus taxes on alcohol and tobacco. The ATF (U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) collected these alcohol and tobacco taxes (still does so) and is an agency within the Treasury Department same as the IRS. Due to this limited income the Federal Gov't was small, not nearly as intrusive and regulatory as today
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariffs_in_United_States_history
Prior to the adoption of the US Constitution there were in fact some internal tariffs. I don't know any specific ones (you can go ask a history professor) but ones could have been New Hampshire placing a tariff on Virginia tobacco and a tariff on South Carolina corn likker

Zands

one phyto-sanitary permit per order. Tariff LOL  Our "multi-billion dollar agriculture business" needs that protection. it's all for the best!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk