Author Topic: Is my Anon tree dying?  (Read 915 times)

SoFloGringo

• Miami
    • View Profile
Is my Anon tree dying?
« on: August 16, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
This is a 4 to 5 year old Anon tree (purple variety). Last year went well with healthy leaves and 8 anon harvested. The leaves droped as normal but never returned. The pictures shown were taken on 8-16-2019. Two months ago I lightly fertalized with 666 and sprayed some neem oil. Any advice???

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Is my Anon tree dying?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »
You can scratch the cambium to see if it’s still green and moist. You can also break a small branch to see if it’s dried up.

Simon

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
  I have a page atemoya that has done the same thing as you described. I stripped the leaves in feb/march and the buds swelled but have never popped open. It green under the bark so I know that it’s not dead but I’m wondering how to stimulate some growth . Should I fertilize it with bioflora ?

William

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:28:22 PM »
  I have a page atemoya that has done the same thing as you described. I stripped the leaves in feb/march and the buds swelled but have never popped open. It green under the bark so I know that it’s not dead but I’m wondering how to stimulate some growth . Should I fertilize it with bioflora ?

William

I’ve used diluted liquid fertilizers to wake up sleeping trees and even grafts. I like liquid fertilizers because I know exactly what I’m giving the trees.

Simon

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:58 PM »
    Simon

Thanks for the advice. I have some water soluble fertilizer (20-20-20)  that I was thinking about diluting by half and drenching it .

William