Author Topic: Fresh Pitomba seeds available again  (Read 7556 times)

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Fresh Pitomba seeds available again
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:58 PM »
do these have separate male and female trees?
the trees are self fruitful.
Thanks

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 05:09:48 PM »
Marklee, I only meant that plenty of folks will only send seeds to Foreign if they have experience with the individual previously buying or trading . Luc has no doubt sent you good material in the past so i'd bet you have no problem sending him stuff, whereas getting a random PM from a newbie you've never dealt with is why people say no shipping outside USA. It can be a hassle, and there is a separate form to fill out and if it doesn't arrive people are disappointed.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »
Sorry that you took me to mean that I can't send seeds to countries out of the USA to people as "riff raff" Mexico is 15 minutes from my house and I can have one of my friends mail the seeds to someone in Mexico usually without any problems anytime. The reason I don't usually send seeds out of USA is the packages may not make it to their final destination. Another reason is if they get to the country they get destroyed. I sent some pepper seeds to my friend in Fiji and the Ag department confiscated the seeds.

Mark

Udon is in Thailand where my tree's are and i work in Bangkok with many americans around, i will tell them to call me riff raff from now on because i don't live in the USA. And even if it's hard to send seeds overseas there is no reason to call all non-americans a riff raff!

I know you didn't call me that but you also would not answer my good question and only say that you don't ship outside usa...i even did not want to buy and only know the real latin name because pitomba can be 2 different tree's with same looking fruit.

Don't worry, i will not buy seeds from any american and even not speak to them in Bangkok...thank you.

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
Sorry you feel that way, I did answer your question if you check a few answers down at #14. The answers to the question where you thought I was rude was in to response to previous questions from others. Sorry for the confusion.

Take care,

Mark
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:42:59 PM by marklee »

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
Sunny,
Im sorry for using a term that you are grabbing onto and continuing to use negatively. I explained my intention in the post above and there was not a negative connotation intended. I could have used 50 different terms to describe it. I've had your back on other threads and there was confusion and something missed in translation there as well. So let it go. I will try a quick analogy again, Its much easier for you to share Mangosteen seeds to your friends in Thailand than it is to fill out export paperwork and mail them to someone in Sweden, You don't know that they'll arrive alive, and if the Post fails to deliver in time , someone could be upset about "wasting money". Thats it. I love folks from all over the world. I also realized when i travel to other english speaking countries, we don't always understand each other speaking the same language, I have to modify to be understood.

Marklee, sorry for the confusion on your sale thread. Do you have 10 Pitomba seed's left to sell?

starch

• My brain is like oatmeal
    • Chandler, AZ. zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Mark,

I bought Pitomba seeds from you last year, and almost all sprouted. They look great and healthy (but as expected by their reputation, are slow growing). Thanks for offering more of your seeds!
- Mark

luc

• Mexico , Puerto Vallarta , Jalisco . 20 degr. North
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Folks shouldn’t take it personal when we (USA members) refuse to send seeds or scions overseas. We know from experience of the delays and the seizures. Too much of a hassle for something we have no control

True JF for quite a few countries now , forget Africa in general ( don't take this personal my African friends ) , I don't even wanna mention Brazil .....Portugal is also becoming a problem . And to the USA unless you're lucky or have the USDA permit .
Luc Vleeracker
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico , Pacific coast.
20 degrees north

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
Mark,

I bought Pitomba seeds from you last year, and almost all sprouted. They look great and healthy (but as expected by their reputation, are slow growing). Thanks for offering more of your seeds!
Good to hear, once in the ground mine took off pretty quick and fruited pretty young. Good luck

marklee

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »
Folks shouldn’t take it personal when we (USA members) refuse to send seeds or scions overseas. We know from experience of the delays and the seizures. Too much of a hassle for something we have no control

True JF for quite a few countries now , forget Africa in general ( don't take this personal my African friends ) , I don't even wanna mention Brazil .....Portugal is also becoming a problem . And to the USA unless you're lucky or have the USDA permit .
I had the USDA come over and confiscate 50 lychee airlayers from China I had in legal quarantine for over a year. All they said was " we can't have lychee material from China anymore."  The trees were clean from any pests, I never got an explanation. They let me keep my longan and wax jambus from the same seller.

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 06:51:02 AM »

Most of us Africans have been dealing with this for years in S.A particularly things get lost all the time unless couriered.
Iv always seen any purchase I make as only a 50% chance of receiving and not to blame seller for that. If you order with that mindset its not as heartbreaking when it never arrives!
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau