Author Topic: WTB Panchadara Kalasa Mango Plant or If Anyone in Florida Can Help Graft This  (Read 764 times)

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

My Indian friends always brag about this PK mango.
This mango is big, juicy with some fiber, excellent Indian mango taste, and the tree is productive.
We have been trying to graft this variety for more than 10 times, and all failed here in California.
My friend grafted more than 30 different varieties, and 95% took, only the PK never take.
We got the scions from Tropical Acres farm.
So I am hoping anyone can source this, or someone in Florida can help to do custom graft for this variety.
We suspect this variety requires fresh scion in order for the graft to take.
If anyone has this variety, or willing to custom graft it. The tree can be shipped to Arizona so we don't have phyto cert. issue.
Please let me know if anyone can help.
We will pay for the work, and we can pay upfront.

Thank you very much everyone.

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile
One tip I heard about recently from someone on another Mango message board is to place the scion in a little water with a crushed aspirin for about 3 hours before grafting.  Not sure if it would help or not but this individual often posts ideas that prove to be helpful ones.  I plan to try it on some of my next grafts.  Best of luck to you!

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Have you checked with Tropical Acres?  They may have PK trees available as well.

Good luck!

Scott

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
We grafted some Panchadara Kalassa this last year but shipping to Arizona is a non-option. Not only do you have to have a phyto, but you have to get an individual phyto for each shipment so an inspector from the department of Ag has to come check it, then it have to go to a receiver nursery in Arizona (Arizona doesn’t permit the shipment to go directly to the consumer).

Place sucks.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 11:11:22 PM by Squam256 »

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
One tip I heard about recently from someone on another Mango message board is to place the scion in a little water with a crushed aspirin for about 3 hours before grafting.  Not sure if it would help or not but this individual often posts ideas that prove to be helpful ones.  I plan to try it on some of my next grafts.  Best of luck to you!

Thanks, will try this trick!

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
Have you checked with Tropical Acres?  They may have PK trees available as well.

Good luck!

Scott

Thanjs, Scott!!

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile
We grafted some Panchadara Kalassa this last year but shipping to Arizona is a non-option. Not only do you have to have a phyto, but you have to get an individual phyto for each shipment so an inspector from the department of Ag has to come check it, then it have to go to a receiver nursery in Arizona (Arizona doesn’t permit the shipment to go directly to the consumer).

Place sucks.

Hi Alex, can you ship to Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada?

Thanks!!

palingkecil

• Los Angeles
    • View Profile

Place sucks.

Just sent you a pm, thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk