Author Topic: Prainea Limpato seeds for sale. Very rare, fresh seeds, limited number available  (Read 11387 times)

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Update: Seeds are not available anymore!

Flavor and texture of this fruits reminds of chempedak with a sour (but pleasant) berry flavor hitting at the back of palate. One hour after eating this fruit, I finally figured out what berry it reminds me of. It would be European red currant berry. So, it taste like chempedak and red currant fusion, although both fruits couldn't be more geographically and botanically apart. Overall, good tasting fruit.
As you can see in one picture arils get smashed and break apart from the core if fruits are made to fall from the tree.
My seeds are well cleaned from thin sticky layer separating seed from fruit. Limited number of seeds. Very fresh seeds, collected on November 4th. $40 for 5 seeds, plus $5 shipping anywhere in the world. Taiwanese wholesalers can ask me for a discount. I will give good discount to established forum members living outside so called first world countries. To avoid unnecessary communication my paypal email is: EDITED: deleted.
Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:16:34 AM by DurianLover »

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Just to be clear regarding messages I got about so called high prices. I choose to go and look for these seeds, instead of going to USA. So, my travel expenses and loss of income should I have gone to USA, outweighs entire potential earnings I'm ever going to get from these seeds.
There were  puddles of water under these trees, and entire shaded areas was heavily infested with mosquitos. I was collecting seeds with constant mosquito buzz in both of my ears. Dengue fever is spreading rapidly throughout SE Asia, and in case you don't know it is as nasty as ebola. I got multiple bites. I may have risked my life for you. For true compensation I should be charging multiple X of current price. It's just partial compensation for my efforts. Please don't lecture me about prices.

Here is second cheapest option should you go guys decide to look on your own. Good luck with your travels:
Honululu to Kuching return ticket.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
What a freaking bargain, if you throw in the Ebola virus I will paid triple that amount😄😷
Pm send!😇
The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
I am tempted to get some seeds, but have less then optimal germination station for tropical right now. Good luck Coconut, you should do well with the germination.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
I bought this years ago from Dorgon.  I had 100% germination until later members show me its was some dam weed common grown in waste site in Asia.  I have been Dorgonized! :'(
I paypal Durianlover & hopefully score 5 seeds if there is anything left.  Last time he send me some nice red tampoi that is doing well. I have a seven feet tall tampoi doing well outside survive 2010 freeze when my soursop die, so I suspect these UFO fruit Dorgon call it can take cold better than we think.
They are dioecious I beleive so you betch yah they will be nurture rather thrown into my normal survive of fitless since it took Durialover so much trouble to get them from mosquitoes infest cannibal jungles! ;D it will be the real thing rather some shit from Dorgon At Scamebay!  Now if Durianlover promise to deliver me some willughbeia seeds, I be very happy too! ;)

bangkok

• View Profile

If you use this then sure no mosquito's will bite. ;D

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile
Availability and demand determine the price - I don't sell myself, but when I got hold of the large-sized selected Saba comorensis a couple of months ago, they were also traded for similar 'rare-to-find' species! So enuff said Durian lover  ;D
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

bangkok

• View Profile
I never knew Dengue was as dangerous as ebola, it is here as long as i can remember and i got stung daily. Thanks for warning me.

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
I never knew Dengue was as dangerous as ebola, it is here as long as i can remember and i got stung daily. Thanks for warning me.

Its considered more serious than malaria and I had malaria years ago. It is not fun!!
In general Dengue not as dangerous as ebola, but heard of instance through friend of friends when someone developed severe allergic reaction to Dengue fever virus and died in just one week!

bangkok

• View Profile

Its considered more serious than malaria and I had malaria years ago. It is not fun!!
In general Dengue not as dangerous as ebola, but heard of instance through friend of friends when someone developed severe allergic reaction to Dengue fever virus and died in just one week!

Yes i heard of several cases of dengue here, not that people died of it though but they were sick a very long time. My wife also got sick from a mosquitobite on koh samui island, she was sick for 3 days and then we went to the hospital where they put an infuse on her for 8 hours, then she took a motorcycle taxi back to the resort. >:(

Well OFF works great, we always have it at home and small bags of it in the car/purse for open restaurants and so. When i 'm grafting they always sting me in my butt or even there where you sure don't want it. Now i grow lemongrass in many pots and that works but we still have them.

But you are right to ask more for hard to get seeds, life in the ultra tropics is not as easy/fun as many people think.

A friend of mine worked in the jungle of Africa. He came back with malaria tropicana and also some worm that eats himself through the body. It can be in your eye one day and the next day in your foot. If you're lucky it will come out somewhere and then you will have to grab it and very slowly pull it out..... :P Hope we don't have those here but i don't even know.

Ali

• View Profile
Wow ! , I want it too ! , Spare me some !

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention that within 12 hours of gathering these seeds I was on the plane to US. So, don't be surprised when all of you recieve my seeds from US. I guess all of you Americans are like getting EMS express service ($45 value) with free seeds thrown in :).

BK, dengue is more serious than you think. According to this article 94 people died in Thailand first half of 2013.  http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323585604579008510278710696

Ali

• View Profile
Rytis ,

No more Prainea?    :(

I would love to trade for Willughbeia , But as you can see , Seedlings are still small
    :(

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Rytis ,

No more Prainea?    :(

I would love to trade for Willughbeia , But as you can see , Seedlings are still small
    :(

Ali were did you get your willughbeia and were are you located.  My seeds of willughbeia still have not germinated after three months, how long did your take to germinate?

Ali

• View Profile
Coconut ,

Surely it's in the forest  ;D 

For Willughbeia sarawakensis (Pear shape) it only takes about 2-3 weeks to germinate even in the shade but for Surapit (Willughbeia angustifolia) is a bit slower to germinate in about a month .

If you want , I can send to you the seedlings using express delivery such as UPS or FedEx or can provide you with Phyto but much better to wait for the seedlings to mature enough to send .

Perhaps you shall try to put in more lights and using rain-water or bottled reverse osmosis water .

Surapit seedlings
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:17:56 AM by Ali »

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
Ali I am in USA.  I am a famous Aphis Plant Terrorist here, all my plants are on their most wanted list.😡 They confiscated all my plant even with phytos & permits, so sending it wont matter they sende nice letters suitable for framing & its declassified to grace my clandestine wall; a nice pleasant team visit from aphis agents, some of whom are former soldiers and we swap war stories😀. I like their agents who are no botanist and like a good soldier I am, I just pull the closest weed & pot it for them to appease Obama's intrusion and disillusion sensibility.😝

Perhaps when I received package from our Stormtrooper DurianLover, I germinate & send you a plant or two if you agreed to help me advance and breed all willighbeia in the forest for domestication.  My evil plan is to have willughbeia and saba fruit take over ans smother out the i vasive Brazilian Pepper trees here in florida plus giving us Native American something to eat.😋 I would like to collect all ecotype from you😄

Ali

• View Profile
Coconut ,

I'm sad to hear that . No worries though . If it bears fruit again , I will sell it to you or to trade with . I'll let you know

Will try to visit that place again

Cheers
Ali

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
These seeds are so fresh, I could smell a hint raspbeery-gooseberry residue; though of throwing it in my mouth for a taste but decide I finally got the real seeds by our Globe Trekker Durianlover. A decade of being cheated by other sellers have fin ally come to an end.  These seeds will be guarded very well.  I mixed it with my world famous Italian shit meatball to insure germination since I have no ideas about germination.

Many of you complain about difficulties with germinating annona senegalensis; here is my annona senegalensis seeds from notorious tradewind seed seller that germinate after two months in my Clandestine stealth Italian Shit meatball.

I will keep you posted on how they progress in South Florida this Alien Fruit hopefully will get amnesty along with all the illegal aliens Obama is going to Amnesty!💥

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
These seeds are under priced all things considered. Great work tracking and spreading these around.
Good luck getting those seeds germinating coconut.

bangkok

• View Profile
Dengue fever is a tropical disease caused by the dengue virus.
This virus (Flavivirus) is spread through the bite of infected mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus species).
 Euphorbia hirta Dengue fever occurs mainly in tropical and subtropical regions; it is common in warm, wet areas.
The number of cases of dengue fever is between 50 and 528 million people infected yearly.  It can cause mild to severe flu-like symptoms and in severe cases this disease can be fatal.

Cymbopogon citratus Chikungunya is an infection caused by the Chikungunya virus.
This disease is transmitted in the same way as dengue fever to humans by the virus-carrying Aedes mosquitoes.
Rodents are also a viral reservoir for this disease; it differs from that of dengue which has only humans and nonhuman primates (monkey’s and apes) as hosts. The common symptoms of this virus infection are fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms may include headache, muscle pain, joint swelling, or rash.
Most people start to feel better after 7 to 10 days but some people will develop longer term joint pain.

Natural ways to treat these diseases are with plants that increase the dwindling platelet count of the blood (Thrombocytopenia), without notable effects in red blood cell and white blood cell counts.
Some of these plants from the Amazon rainforest are: Asthma weed (Euphorbia hirta), Lemon grass (Cymbopogon citratus), and Papaya (Carica papaya).

http://www.tropilab.com/marowinafactsdatabase.html

Asthma weed is a pest in my garden, i have to pull it out weekly. Lemon grass and papaya we eat regularly but i will also use that weed from now on. Great info!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:19:57 AM by bangkok »

davidgarcia899

• Marabu Groves - Redland, Florida
  • Marabu Groves
    • USA, Miami-Dade, 33187, 10b
    • View Profile
Coconut, what is this italian shitball you are talking bout?
- David Antonio Garcia

durianwriter

• on the durian hunt
    • View Profile
    • Year of the Durian
Just to be clear regarding messages I got about so called high prices. I choose to go and look for these seeds, instead of going to USA. So, my travel expenses and loss of income should I have gone to USA, outweighs entire potential earnings I'm ever going to get from these seeds.
There were  puddles of water under these trees, and entire shaded areas was heavily infested with mosquitos. I was collecting seeds with constant mosquito buzz in both of my ears. Dengue fever is spreading rapidly throughout SE Asia, and in case you don't know it is as nasty as ebola. I got multiple bites. I may have risked my life for you. For true compensation I should be charging multiple X of current price. It's just partial compensation for my efforts. Please don't lecture me about prices.

Here is second cheapest option should you go guys decide to look on your own. Good luck with your travels:
Honululu to Kuching return ticket.

Hey Durianlover. I just flew home from Bangkok to Los Angeles for $589. My last flights from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu put me back $60 and that's only because I was traveling with a friend who needed a more expensive flight -  I could have spent $35.  No need to scare those of us with limited incomes away from travel! Budget airlines are awesome.
www.yearofthedurian.com
Author of:
The Durian Tourist's Guide to Penang
The Durian Tourist's Guide to Thailand

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile

Here is second cheapest option should

Hey Durianlover. I just flew home from Bangkok to Los Angeles for $589. My last flights from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu put me back $60 and that's only because I was traveling with a friend who needed a more expensive flight -  I could have spent $35.  No need to scare those of us with limited incomes away from travel! Budget airlines are awesome.

Lindsay, I was specifically replaying to letters from Hawaii, that's why you see Honolulu. Apparently its also very expensive place to travel to and from, not just a cost of living.  I assume, they could improvise and save by flying to LA first on a separate ticket. Did not have time or need to investigate.
By the way I fly for the same prices you mentioned. My ticket from US to Sri Lanka was only $520, and total price for circling the globe was much less than flying anywhere major from Hawaii. Please keep in mind that travelling between major world cities such as LA you'll always get the very best prices:)  I'm also very much aware of dirt cheap prices inside Malaysia:)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
HAHA, dengue is as nasty as ebola. Don't see any hazmat suits around people with dengue! Dengue is no fun, for sure, but not in same league as ebola where you bleed from every orifice and die slow exruciating death. Most dengue you are just sick as a dog for one week, and then are fine. There are some types of dengue more dangerous. I think that is called hamerrogic (sp?) dengue. But that is much more rare. Truth is most dangerous part of visitng Asia is crossing the street without getting run over by a rickshaw or tuk tuk.
Oscar

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
HAHA, dengue is as nasty as ebola. Don't see any hazmat suits around people with dengue! Dengue is no fun, for sure, but not in same league as ebola where you bleed from every orifice and die slow exruciating death. Most dengue you are just sick as a dog for one week, and then are fine. There are some types of dengue more dangerous. I think that is called hamerrogic (sp?) dengue. But that is much more rare. Truth is most dangerous part of visitng Asia is crossing the street without getting run over by a rickshaw or tuk tuk.

Well, within one week of contracting virus, you bleed from every part of the body, organs fail and you drop dead. Sounds like Ebola to me! However, this happens to a very small percent of people, most people recover. That's what I meant. I swear my friend knows who died this way from dengue.

ps. This thread is like magnet for everything off topic!! It s becoming ridiculously funny! Half of posts should be spinned off :)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
I want to wish Durianlover a Happy Wonderful New Year.  I have been scam by many and Dorgonized on Scambay for these UFO fruit.  Thankyou Durianlover for ending my Decades of misery for this fruit.  Here is seven that sprouted from the seven seeds you send me! 100% Germination!😭😆😃 You can see my tears of Joy!

They were germinated in my world famous shit Meatball and the night got down to 45 for three days and averageing the mid fifty to now warming up to the upper sixty at night.  Based on this these guys are more cold tolerance than baccurea tampoi & Angulata with was a pleasant surprise to me!😄

Please Durianlover in 2015 sell me Willughbeia any types; all willughbeia bought from all sources did not germinate--the one that did from Dorgon on Scambay turn out to be As members shown me a weedy tree found on the many derilective road of Singapore.😢

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Thanks Coconut. I heard this one is pretty hard to germinate. I think getting the seeds from fruit hanging in Malaysia to your planting bag in about 5 days also helped a lot. Even than people report 60-30% germination on my seeds. The recipe for your meatballs must be something special to get 7 out of 7  :P.

xshen

• Glendora &amp El Monte, 10A
    • View Profile
When are you going to get more seeds?  I want to try again.

BMc

• Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    • View Profile
I found one little plant today when looking after a storm had passed. Even if I only get the one up I'll be happy, after all previous attempts (from very reliable sources) failed completely. Now testing their cold limits here will be the challenge. Thanks DL!

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
When are you going to get more seeds?  I want to try again.

Probably next year, around the same time.

My wild theory: some accident happened in transit to take 10 days for delivery and your seeds froze to death. Otherwise everybody is reporting at least some germination.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
Bruce, you may not be satisfied with one seedling -- sources I see say it is dioecious.  Although we do see a lot of reports here on the forum of reportedly dioecious trees bearing fruit with only one tree...

John

I found one little plant today when looking after a storm had passed. Even if I only get the one up I'll be happy, after all previous attempts (from very reliable sources) failed completely. Now testing their cold limits here will be the challenge. Thanks DL!

Mihavo

• Japan, Hyogo, Kobe
    • View Profile
    • MyThread
I personally had 100% germination, 6 out of 6, but only 2 survived. Some died to some fungi problems i think.
Looking forward to get some more next year.
Thanks Durian Lover.
Looking for these fruits ---> http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=13395.msg169502#new

You always hurt the ones you love, also the ones you hate.

AlexRF

• Subarctic Member
  • Alex
    • Russia, Saint-Petersburg, warmhouse
    • View Profile
Sorry,
explain me please what means: "Clandestine stealth Italian Shit meatball"? ??? :)

YES WE SCAN NEW TROPICAL FRUITS

leila_mcdonald

spammer
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:04:16 AM by JakeFruit »

fruitmomita

• Boston
    • View Profile
Hi there! Is this thread still actual ? I would really like to buy some seeds ! I am a farmer, and I am really interested in growing Prainea Limpato. I already have a lot of plants in my garden, and I am making for a living from the fruits that I am getting for them. In total, I have 212 plants and trees at my farm, which I think is not bad at all. By the way, besides farming, I am fascinated by numerology. I am studying this complicated matter, and I have recently found out on 1818 that every number is a sign and means something. So, if you really know what the numbers mean, you can predict a lot of things.

Prainea Limpato is rather a flowering plant and growing this evergreen tree requires patience!