Author Topic: Stolen Trees  (Read 13595 times)

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Stolen Trees
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
And Adam is scared to come to Hawaii??? HAHA
Hey this gives me a new marketing angle: Plant Alarms. When you lift the plant a very loud noise sounds and the thief is automatically tasered. Might go over well right now in Florida?
Just teasing guys and galz. Don't take offense! We have plant theft here, but they usually target nurseries and steal hundreds of plants, not a couple of measly plants! Big time crooks only pleaze!  :-[
Oscar
Oscar

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 06:25:38 PM »
Hey this gives me a new marketing angle: Plant Alarms. When you lift the plant a very loud noise sounds and the thief is automatically tasered. Might go over well right now in Florida?
Just teasing guys and galz. Don't take offense! We have plant theft here, but they usually target nurseries and steal hundreds of plants, not a couple of measly plants! Big time crooks only pleaze!  :-[
Oscar

Did you read the post about hopikins I made earlier? they hit em hard here to!

Oscar! :-[ :-[ :-[ U make me feel like sissy :-[ :-[ :'(

I'm shivering in my shorts, scared to get on that long plane trip, and don't wana leave my hermitage.... ;)

Now I'm gonna take my anger out on those around me >:(!  I really do have horrible anxiety about leaving home!  Don't make fun on me, I thought we wuz friends??? :'( ;)

:'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[ :o ;) :)

U never heard Hopkins Nursery's tragic tale of tropical tree theft? :o :'(

They had a bunch (over 100 or so I believe) of grafted Mamey sapote trees, at a time when they were in high demand, with few who knew how to properly graft, or who had access to grafted quality mamey plants in general.

Not sure of the details but long story short.....Plant minded and larcenous individuals, systematically stole the special sapotaceous specimens.

And Hopkins now is in the middle of no where! not much of a place to plan a plant robbery!  I think Billy and Barbara would shoot you in the chest and compost your carcass in their vast tropical fruit nursery. >:( ;D ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:32:31 PM by ASaffron »
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »
Oscar

Did you read the post about hopikins I made earlier? they hit em hard here to!

Oscar! :-[ :-[ :-[ U make me feel like sissy :-[ :-[ :'(

I'm shivering in my shorts, scared to get on that long plane trip, and don't wana leave my hermitage.... ;)

Now I'm gonna take my anger out on those around me >:(!  I really do have horrible anxiety about leaving home!  Don't make fun on me, I thought we wuz friends??? :'( ;)

:'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[ :o ;) :)

U never heard Hopkins Nursery's tragic tale of tropical tree theft? :o :'(

They had a bunch (over 100 or so I believe) of grafted Mamey sapote trees, at a time when they were in high demand, with few who knew how to properly graft, or who had access to grafted quality mamey plants in general.

Not sure of the details but long story short.....Plant minded and larcenous individuals, systematically stole the special sapotaceous specimens.

And Hopkins now is in the middle of no where! not much of a place to plan a plant robbery!  I think Billy and Barbara would shoot you in the chest and compost your carcass in their vast tropical fruit nursery. >:( ;D ;)

Yes Adam, i read the post about the theft at Hopkins. Was just saying that very unusual here for plants to be stolen out of yards. Although even that happens, but rarely. For example, one person told me some desperate individual even came in and dug her trees out!
Don't worry, if you don't wanna leave home you will force me to come over there and bother you one of these days. I'll try to remember about your "puppy" dog so i don't leave with a bunch of teeth marks! Yes we're friends. I like to teaze my friends. I don't teaze strangers! So now you've been officially baptised. I hope you don't mind too much. It's a latino thing between friends: teasing is OK!
Oscar
Oscar

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 12:14:47 AM »
Murahilin, how much did your security system cost to set up?  How large an area is it covering?

It cost a few thousand but it's worth it. I am paranoid and I can sit in my house all day looking at everything that is going on outside of my house on a few different screens. I have 8 cameras and they cover the entire area around my house. They have 52 infrareds per camera so I get pretty clear night vision. There are some that are cheaper and others that are way more expensive, that you can move each camera individually through your phone and stuff. If you can run the wiring yourself, you will save a lot of money. The main components needed is the power box thing, the DVR, and the cameras. You can get a simple system with night vision and DVR for around $1000-1500 probably. If you run the wires to each camera, that's no cost and I can help you with programming the thing to work through the internet and stuff. I programmed my own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk